Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come up with a way to add fog lights to a 2003 Taurus and make it look like a factory install?

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Jason8225 did a great job of mounting G4 Sable fogs in the lower ovals of his G4 Taurus. I don't have a pic, though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit@Jun 5 2004, 09:18 PM
Yes, there was a custom install of round fogs to the bumper of a g4 Taurus by someone (sorry, I forgot their name!) Search around and you'll find it :)
I beleive that was OAKLEY2000SEL, IIRC.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Jun 8 2004, 02:56 PM
Anyone ever do a decent install on a Gen III Sable???

JR
Yeah i'd like to know about that also since i have a set on the way.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Originally posted by hitman@Jun 8 2004, 02:44 PM

I beleive that was OAKLEY2000SEL, IIRC.
You are correct sir! Go to the member search. He has a picture as his signature.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Heres fog lights I added to my 1999 SE Sport when I still had it:

-Kyle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Moved to Asthetics.

Just drill the brackets you've got with the fogs into metal and run the wiring. A very factory looking light for the 4G cars were the newest generation Civic lights, same curves as the grille opening.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by 3.0cammer@Jun 10 2004, 08:06 AM
how are the mounted on screws rivets?

did you have to cut anything?
They are mounted by sliding a plastic tab on the light fixture into the corner of the bumper, then using steel wire to pull back on the other side of the light and hold it back really tight, lol. It's been there since October and through many snow storms, rain, hail, you name it. B)

And yes, I did have to cut the bumper cover. :)

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
This is my all time favorite on the Gen III.......
He told me that he had to do a little cutting into the bumper cover in order to make them fit.
The lights are from a 03'Civic.

Attachments

·
Registered
933 Posts
here's mine. I think I'm going to change them out soon, both are cracked. they work, but I really like the looks of those civic lights. any more info on that? did he do a write up?

Attachments

·
Registered
702 Posts
To Gryphon and McGilles: You both need the most beautiful Taurus award. I bow before you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts