Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have been wondering recently if it is possible to install fog lights on a 2002 Taurus SES Sport. I assume the front bumper would have to be modified to allow the mounting of the lights but has anyone tried installing fog lights on their car? Pictures would be great if so, and any extra tips/info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
152 Posts
yeah the ones i got were super easy i just screwed the mounting brakets into the underside of the bumper and the lights screwed onto that. then i ran the wires. took less than an hour.

im uploading a pic now.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
do those really help at all at night? i keep seeing those for really cheap on ebay... tempting..

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Here's what I used, if you're into professional grade stuff.

Hella Micro DE Fog Light Kit
====================
The Micro DE Fog Lamp is the smallest DE auxiliary fog lamp from Hella. It provides surprising flexibility in terms of light placement and gives automobile designers, tuners and do-it-yourselfers a small trend setting auxiliary fog lamp ideal to pedestal mount in the grill, under the bumper, or flush-mount through the front air dam/spoiler.

The Hella Micro DE auxiliary fog lamp uses a halogen bulb mounted in an extremely small, sturdy and temperature resistant magnesium housing featuring DE projector lens optics. The Micro DE auxiliary fog lamp shines a white light in a wide, low, flat beam that has a sharp cutoff to reduce light reflecting off the water vapor back into the driver’s eyes. Additionally, because the Micro DE fog light beam is white in its color, it can also be used to help illuminate the road during rain, as well as, around corners and tight bends on clear nights.

Hella auxiliary Micro DE Fog Light kit #74527 includes:

Two lamps (2-5/8" H x 2-7/8" W x 5-1/2" D) with black decoration rings, H3 Halogen bulbs, soft rubber caps, brackets, wiring harness, relays and switch, easy-to-follow instructions.

Lighting, 1-FEB-2009:
Hella Micro DE Fog Lamp kit + PIAA Xtreme White Plus H3 bulbs. I would recommend this up grade since most of us have a 2-headlamp system. Adding these lamps makes huge difference driving at night (like night and day). I would recommend the PIAA bulbs over the stock Hella halogen bulbs with the kit. If you set these lamps up correctly you can use your high beams while the fog lamp is on, good to be much safer at night.

You'll have to go to either Lowes or Home Depot to buy 2" by 1/8" flat aluminum metal to create your own mounting brackets (2).

Monsoon

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Monsoon, would it be possible to see a pic of how your car looks with them installed?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Holy cow that is a pretty good chunk of money! You could also go with the Hid projector route, a lot more lighting, and then you can invest in a cheap but durable pair of fogs for looks :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts