Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have after market fog lights wired directly to the battery and like an idiot I forget to turn them off all the time. Can I just connect the power wire to the hot wire coming off the headlight switch? I did a search on this and I really dont want to use a relay unless I have to because the foglights came all prewired and it would kill me to mess up such a good thing. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
If you have a switch already there a relay wouldn't be that hard to put in. That is the only way I know how to wire them in the right way.

·
Registered
517 Posts
insted of runing your hot to the battery reroot it to an aux fuss in your fuse box

(this is how i did mine)
...or you can splice in to your parking light and use that as a hot when you turn you parking lights on you fogs will turn on and you will still have a switch to turn it off and if you leave it on it will turn off with your lights ... just make sure you use the parking lite hot not he turn signal....
i used the little plastic inline splicers ..they work great...

·
Registered
790 Posts
i had the same problem with mine, so i bought a rocker switch that lights up really bright......... in the cavi, went out and bought a 'lights on' buzzer at Autozone that worked really well.... just a lil buzzer, not terribly annoying, but effective... it even comes with directions! :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will splicing into the parking light hot wire cause any melting or blown fuse issues? just want to make sure before I go ahead and mess with "ford's" wiring. thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
You should tap into a key-on terminal in the fuse block for power to one side of the switch, then run the wire from the other side to the trigger terminal of a relay in the engine compartment. Then use direct power from the battery to send power to the lights via the relay.

·
Registered
517 Posts
never had a prob with mine no melting and never blew a fuse ...just make sure you have all the power off when you are running the wires....

another cool feture is that the fogs will flash with you panic button or if you have an alarm from the factory ...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aight, I'll give it a shot

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its alive!!!!! thanks all

1 - 10 of 10 Posts