Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have obtained the F-150 headlight/foglight switch to do the fog conversion on my Gen3 Bull, but upon testing/hooking up the switch I noticed that the lights all work as normal (although I do not have the fogs installed yet)..but when I turn on the headlights, the switch itself is not illuminated.
Has anyone else encountered this problem? is it that the wiring is different on the F-150 although it states in the writeup that the plugs are the same... ormaybe this unit has the bulbs in the switch burned out, although it is kind of odd that all are not working.
. I would like to ask V8SHO as he has done this conversion, but I don't believe he is on here anymore.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Didn't Coneynew do this conversion?

I had no idea the 2000+ Taurus headlight switches illuminated until someone informed me that they did. A replacement switch gave me the illuminated control, guess the light inside my old one burned out. So it does sound possible that the bulb inside could be burned out.

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nick..He did not do it as he installed an SHO bumper instead, in fact I have the fogs that he was going to use.
I was asking since the swich I have now illuminates..I might try to replace bulbs, as I have a OEM ford service manual on the way, or I might get another one, but first have the seller confirm that the switch lights ..I don't think the wiring is different, as the switches( F-150 and Taurus) interchange, therefore I believe the switch should light.

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have another question for any one (you electrical guys) who might know. when I recieved my ghia accessories from Australia, in the package my friend also sent the Ghia headlight switch. I noticed on the back there there are pins in the plug slot where the foglights are connected on the explorer switch. could this be where the Ghia roadlights are activated from, if so why couldn't the foglights be activated the same way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts