Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited Autozone.com looking for fog lights and have narrowed my search down to these two:
Pilot Driving Lights

Or Pilot Fog Lights

What do you think?
My main reason for wanting auxillary lighting is because my headlights do not throw enough light out to the sides of the car, and I cannot see out my side windows at night, especially with my tint. I cannot see curbs and such when I am turning. So I guess the fog lights are the way to go? I have Silverstars and they throw plenty of light out front, so driving lights would be pointless. When I do put in the lights, I am going to wire them so they stay on when the high beams are on. They come on with the parking lights and don't turn off until the headlights are turned off.
Another thing. Those pictures are not to scale. The top one measures 5" across and 1-7/8" tall. The bottom one is like 3" across and 1-5/8" tall. I like the wider light, so again I am not sure. Maybe buy the wider one but aim it more towards the sides of the car?

·
Registered
370 Posts
If you want to see how my fog lights are set up, you can go to: Link. Then select frames/no frames and click on the "Cars" button. After that, scroll down to the third picture and click on "Click here for more pictures." Thats it. The first two pictures are of my fog lights. My fog lights are Optronics Competition Series Quartz Halogen Off-Road/Racing Lights from Advance Auto Parts. The model # is QH-12IT. Here is the link for them: QH-12IT.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
thats what i really like about nick's g1 wagon. it has the big cornering lamps at the bottom to help see at night. but i still wouldnt want them on mine, they look kinda hidious
id say go with the bottom ones also. have u thought about the driving/parking lights pilot offers? i have a set of those yet to install, they look pretty cool. u might be able to have another switch onto the lights to where they turnon when the turn signal is applied or something

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
G2 Sables/SHOs have the cornering light intergrated with the side turn signals. I thought it was cool as hell the first time I used them at night.

J

·
0 Posts
my fogs definitely helped with the problem you were describing

*edit* - I don't have tint, but it definitely lights up the sides more and puts out more light closer in the front of the car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts