Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find my utility knife, and had to trim some of the foam away to make room for a module.

Decided the torch was my next best tool....

Fills a 2 car garage with thick haze in about 30 seconds. Nothing caught on fire in a bad way, but the fumes kill. Still hacking my lungs up as a write this...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's gross. I once took apart a Honda door panel and they used wood and paper as insulation. :blink:
[/b]
Well, that stuff is probably cheaper and easier to work with. That foam stuff was stubborn.

·
Registered
415 Posts
That's gross. I once took apart a Honda door panel and they used wood and paper as insulation. :blink:
[/b]

Which mold loves to eat if you get that stuff wet, which when can create rust from the inside out....

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
Don't breathe that stuff, it could cause something nasty!! :)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't breathe that stuff, it could cause something nasty!! :)
[/b]
I tried not to, after a few seconds of being in the haze I ran to the garage door, yanked the emergency release, and bailed outside while hacking my lungs up. That ****'s nasty.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
I couldn't find my utility knife, and had to trim some of the foam away to make room for a module.

Decided the torch was my next best tool....

Fills a 2 car garage with thick haze in about 30 seconds. Nothing caught on fire in a bad way, but the fumes kill. Still hacking my lungs up as a write this...
[/b]
I'm not really sure I have the words for this. :mellow:

http://www.darwinawards.com - Don't be a contender.

*edit*
Ironically enough, the latest entry on the front page just happens to involve a can of foam and a blow torch. :lol2:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The getting gassed out of the garage part was unintentional... I figured like most foam, it'd just melt, not produce the biggest toxic cloud I've seen in a long time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts