Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so my 2014 limited flutters rpm only maybe (+-)100-150 after shifting out of 4th gear. Not a whole lot but it's still noticeable around 30-45 miles an hour. Does not do this during acceleration and doesn't seem to do it beyond this speed. I can link to a video if someone wants to see it for a diag. Brought it to a repair shop, they drove it around said they didn't see anything wrong. Ran a test with a computer, and didn't see any stored codes. They gave the car back and didn't charge anything. A former mechanic suggested it may be a transmission issue because it does not idle fluttering. Does anyone know of a solution?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For those who are still having this issue. This was fixed by replacing the fuel-air regulator. The computer finally picked up on the faulty sensor, 30 dollar replacement. It was very easy to install, just need a 10mm socket.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have this flutter too. Sometimes, it’s delayed a little on shifting too. Did you have that also? Is it this sensor: AA5Z12A697A? If so, that’ll be a crazy awesome, easy fix. It just goes into the side of the air filter housing, right? Thanks for letting us know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts