Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ford Taurus with a intermittent issue where the RPM will flutter around 1300RPM when driving. Sometimes there is shuttering and sluggish responses when accelerating from a stop. The car seems like it is reluctant to change gears when accelerating when already moving. Accelerating from 35-40 seems to be the worst, it shutters, flutters and doesn't want to change gears. I had a another ford with a similar issue, it was fixed when the fuel pressure regulator was replaced. This seems like it is the transmission causing this issue, but I think it might be a sensor since the problem sometimes does not occur.

Here is a video of the fluttering I capture tonight. The problem seems to be subsided in this video, and no where near as worse as it has been in the past. Notice the slight flutter during acceleration at the beginning and toward the end of the video.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had a flutter issue like that and saw improvement changing the purge valve. It could also be your throttle body. Both are easy changes.
IMG_7721.jpg

IMG_7720.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hate to bump an old topic, but it seems like this is common enough of a problem. This issue was fixed on this car by doing a fluid transfer, as another thread mentioned the transmissions in these cars are very touchy with dirty fluid. The fluid was quite dirty, and there was an immediate fix after the fluid change. If you have no failing sensors in your car, and it's doing what the video above is showing. Then try a fluid transfer, this car has been acting like this for over a year now and was fixed just like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts