Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a sound clip of the Flowmaster on my Duratec. I know some were asking for a clip. I think it's a Flowmaster 40, but I'm not sure because I didn't buy it, I cut it off of my brother in-law's dead Ford 360. I also have a resonator tip from Advance on it. I think that changed the sound a bit.

I did this sound with my laptop so the sound isn't the best, but I think you'll get the idea. I will try to get a better clip soon. One thing I noticed with this muffler is the Duratec tends to start to sound more like a 4 than a 6 at about 1500 RPM or so. Around 2000 RPM it almost sounds like my brother in-law's 85' Golf at idle. He had a flowmaster on that too.

All in all it sounds pretty good. It is starting to grow on me.

-Nate

Sound clip here

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more thing. It did noticably improve the way the car runs. It is smoother and more powerful throughout the band. I accelerated from 40 to 70 in 4th gear lock-up on a freeway ramp this morning without the converter ever unlocking. It got up to speed like it was nothing. It was a flat ramp too so it's not like it was downhill. Every day since I put it on it has been impressing me with little things like that.

Now if only I could get rid of that spark knock when the A/C is on...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts