Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got the Flowmasters on this weekend (finally). They sound good but are a little too raspy up top. I've been told that the mufflers will "break themselves in" during the first month or so, and that will remove some of the raspiness. I'm going to wait the month or so, and if it raspiness hasn't disappeared at all, I'm going to put a longer resonator in to try and eliminate the rest. I'll have pics and a video up some time this week, as soon as my sister gets them off her memory card.

JR

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will go check out the sound of the magnaflow right now and post in a minute how it sounds.

I don't feel a whole lot of difference, but the butt dyno is telling me that in third and OD, I have better response and quicker 60-80 times.

JR

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just watched the clips on your superford account. Your car sounds deeper than mine, but as I said, the mufflers haven't broken themselves in yet, so they may get deeper as time goes on.

JR

·
Registered
517 Posts
ya i did not what to say any thing about feeling any different cause i know alot of ppl a critical of the butt dyno but noticed a differance in responce and in the pasing gear and i took a freind for a ride he said he felt it to so i pretty sure there as an increas of power how ever big or small...

yours is also going in to dual flows and that kinda makes sence that mine would be deeper cuase you are spliting yours up

i had some rasp to mine put i has mellowed out sence i have been driving more ...

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome. I really like the sound of the Magnaflow. That gives it a really nice, deep sound. I can't wait to get into the car today and lsiten to it. It'll be the first nice day when i can crank down the windows and actually listen to the exhaust while I'm driving.

One thing I have noticed though, is that the sound is really mellow when it's at higher rpms, say in OD on the highway. It does sound mean as hell when I'm accelerating though. Hopefully, after I get the new plugs, wires, etc on the car next weekend, my butt dyno will see more gains.

JR

·
Registered
517 Posts
hahaha i know at cruising speed like 60 or so i am turning 2000 rpms and ahah sound good i told my girl friend i did it for her to giver her a nice hum on the ride so she can sleep ... i lov2xlr8 ppl look at you like they realy cant belive that a taurus can sound like that

·
Registered
341 Posts
where can i find a sound byte of a taurus 3.0 with dual flowmasters on it? i want to get dual flowmasters but my wife wants to know what it sounds like before she ties 200 bucks up in it.

any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll have a video up this weekend. I need to go home to get them off my sister's sd card. Give me two days and you'll see! It sounds even better a week later!

JR

G

·
If you ask Nate and I. FLOWMASTER ALL THE WAY!!! I'll see if I can get a sound file tonight. I know everyone has been asking for one. So since I'll be working on the Sable today. I'll see if I can get one going.

Sal

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
hows the low end torque with dual flowmasters??
im thinking that but i have a vulcan so i dunno
if i did get dual flowmasters you guys think i should cut out the resonator?

·
Registered
24 Posts
On my 3Gen SHO I lost some low end with the Flowmasters 40's..... got a sound file on my superford.

G

·
Originally posted by LoadedLX@Aug 19 2004, 11:41 AM
where can i find a sound byte of a taurus 3.0 with dual flowmasters on it?  i want to get dual flowmasters but my wife wants to know what it sounds like before she ties 200 bucks up in it.

any help would be great.
Go to the pics link in my sig, you will see a file called myexhaust.wav, that's what my vulcan with a Flowmaster 40 Series DeltaFlow sounds like. :)

oops... you have a Duratec, yours will sounds significantly different... you'll have to wait for somebody to post a clip to hear the 'tec :)

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
How do I post a clip I have Flowmaster duals on my essex that i wanna share.

G

·
Originally posted by 95FORDT@Aug 20 2004, 11:35 PM
How do I post a clip I have Flowmaster duals on my essex that i wanna share.
I just used windows sound recorder and sat my laptop on the ground behind my car. :ph34r: Do you already have a digital clip?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Gen 3 Sable Duals
FOund this on my computer Im not sure what engine it is though but hey its a start.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts