Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The little dome lights on the floor where your feet rest - the lights will not power off when the door is shut or open. The stay on constatntly and I do not why. Its been like that since I bought the car. Instead of draing the battery all the time, I just popped off the bulbs so the battery wouldnt drain and I havent thought about since, but now I would like to have those lights to make it easier to see at night time. Does anybody have any clue what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help - I hope to figure this out. Thanks.

·
Banned
375 Posts
QUOTE (Skrilla @ May 21 2010, 02:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=805882
The little dome lights on the floor where your feet rest - the lights will not power off when the door is shut or open. The stay on constatntly and I do not why. Its been like that since I bought the car. Instead of draing the battery all the time, I just popped off the bulbs so the battery wouldnt drain and I havent thought about since, but now I would like to have those lights to make it easier to see at night time. Does anybody have any clue what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help - I hope to figure this out. Thanks.[/b]

Is your door ajar light on? Are you having issues with the sensors? They Footwell lights and door lights are tied in with the dome light. So they have to be on with the dome light. If you have any issues with your doors saying they are open that could cause that. Get some WD-40 or what ever lubricant and lube the latches inside the doors i bet that would solve your issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts