Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 SE with the factory keyless entry and it works fine, everything opens with the fob. The headlights don't flash when locking or unlocking the doors as they did with my aftermarket keyless entry I have on another car.

Is there any was to get the headlights to flash when using the key fob?

Thanks,
Ian

·
Registered
887 Posts
I am interested in this answer as well. I have an aftermarket keyless system I am trying to install. I don't want the headlights to flash, but I want the parking lights to flash when I lock and unlock the doors.

I have wired the parking lights to the keyless system as instructed, but the lights do not flash when I lock/unlock the doors.

Keyless System manual: http://www.offroadtoyz.com/AlarmManuals/ASTRA1006--04-03.pdf

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
I am interested in this answer as well. I have an aftermarket keyless system I am trying to install. I don't want the headlights to flash, but I want the parking lights to flash when I lock and unlock the doors.

I have wired the parking lights to the keyless system as instructed, but the lights do not flash when I lock/unlock the doors.

Keyless System manual: http://www.offroadtoyz.com/AlarmManuals/ASTRA1006--04-03.pdf
[/b]

when you press the panic button do the parking lights flash?.. if not then you dont have them hooked up right or on most alarms/rem starts/keyless entrys there is a little tiny black jumper on the unit that you can switch so they can do positive+ or negative- lights and that might be backwards..

if you got any more questions let me know.. i was an installer for a while

as for the factory alarm and headlight thing i'd have to look at it and such..

ryan

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
The parking lights are not blinking at all.

The locks unlock and lock, but no lights blink.
[/b]

then check your connection, test the wire you have it connected to to make sure its right and look at your keyless module to see if the parking light jumper is in the right slot for the power output you need.

ryan

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
i would check the jumper on the keyless unit and meter what the voltage output is coming from that wire it'll tell you if you have 12v pulse or a negative pulse or nothing at all which would mean the fuse is blown on the parking light wire coming from the unit...... i just did my rents corolla and the jumper was set on negative and i needed positive.. if i had not looked at that i would have had issues with the lights.. test lights aren't the best thing to use when doing installs.. spend the 20-50 and get a decent meter.. it'll save your life at car electrical issues. with out it i would have never have been able to solve some many issues i had at work nor wire up things in my vehicles such as over head consoles, puddle lamps, etc..

Ryan

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
they lights dont flash when you lock or unlock the doors

if you press twice on your lock then the lights with flash and the horn with chirp.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts

if you press twice on your lock then the lights with flash and the horn with chirp.
[/b]

every keyless i've ever installed the lights flash with lock and unlock on an aftermarket unit which 97 blue is having issues with.. factory units i dunno depends on the car

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

every keyless i've ever installed the lights flash with lock and unlock on an aftermarket unit which 97 blue is having issues with.. factory units i dunno depends on the car [/b][/quote]

with the factory system the only lights that come on are the interior lights when you hit unlock

otherwise hitting lock will just turn the interior lights and exterior lights off. unless you hit it again the lights will flash and the horn will chirp

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
i understand but 97 blue taurus vulcan is having issues with her aftermarket unit not factory.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
ohhh haha ok..yeah sorry to jack the thread man

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
with the factory system the only lights that come on are the interior lights when you hit unlock

otherwise hitting lock will just turn the interior lights and exterior lights off. unless you hit it again the lights will flash and the horn will chirp
[/b]
umm this is w98seeng's thread... I was replying to his post...
[/b]
And it is much appreciated.

ohhh haha ok..yeah sorry to jack the thread man
[/b]
No problem, as long as everyone got the info they were after.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts