Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Recently I installed a Scosche car stereo dashboard install kit (and the stereo) in our 2006 SE. Everything went pretty smooth.

But the next day I noticed something was going on. The air bag light now flashes once, then a pauze, then flashes 8 times. Then another pauze, and the same sequence restarts. It shows this sequence five times, then stays on.

I've checked the fuse, and all the cabling and connectors under the dash that I may have bumped into. But everything seems fine.

Can anyone tell me what this code means? I've read about other codes on this forum; but cannot find anything that deals with this "1-8" thing.

Thanks,

Erik

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hope this helps
Kinda, yes. At least now I know what the sequence means, and it provides a hint in the right direction. It's interesting to see that my Autek code reader doesn't display that B1883 code. But maybe it's not desiged to do that.

I suppose I have to throw that aftermarket kit out again, to see what may have gone wrong. Whatever happened must be to something that's behind the kit, I guess; because I was never close to the passenger airbag area.

Any hints as to what to look for specifically, such as certain wire harnesses or connectors?

Thanks,

Erik

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
try grabbing the p side seatbelt when it starts flashing and give it a tug and see if that causes it to go off. i have never delt with an airbag error so i dont know where to start. i thought i read something about when you use the radio kit that you have to do something before installing it if it had the airbag light. not sure but i think you had to use a circut and jump the wires or something.... ( i really dont remember so i dont think its right but maybe it will help point you in the right direction ) good luck and hope its an easy fix

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
There's a pinned topic in electronics subforum about the pass airbag light mod, if you do not use a proper 2004+ install kit that has the airbag light.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
try grabbing the p side seatbelt when it starts flashing and give it a tug and see if that causes it to go off. i have never delt with an airbag error so i dont know where to start. i thought i read something about when you use the radio kit that you have to do something before installing it if it had the airbag light. not sure but i think you had to use a circut and jump the wires or something.... ( i really dont remember so i dont think its right but maybe it will help point you in the right direction ) good luck and hope its an easy fix
I janked the passenger belt a few times yesterday, no change. Thanks for the second tip - it looks like my problem is not a unique one!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's a pinned topic in electronics subforum about the pass airbag light mod, if you do not use a proper 2004+ install kit that has the airbag light.
Alrighty, thanks. If it's pinned it should be easy enough to find. I have a habit of using the wrong keywords! -_-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts