Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ihave an 05 Taurus and I want to change the brake hoses and bleed the brakes. I do not own a set of flare nut wrenches. Can anyone tell me if I should buy a set of SAE or metric? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
They would be metric but you don't need a flare wrench to do it. You might need one if you live in the rust belt but I have never had any trouble with a regular open end wrench.

Mike
B)

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Hit the bleeder screw with some MAP gas to warm it up. It will pop loose fairly easy.

They are metric though.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
A set of good quality fully polished flarenut wrenches (your choice of metric or sae) is $10 at Harbor Freight. It never hurts to have tools onhand that you don't need. Buy a set of each. Use them anytime you encounter fasteners that are not made of steel, or corroded, or rusty.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Flare nut wrenches are good to take the brake lines apart but the bleeder screws you only need a six sided box end wrench the proper size.

·
Registered
437 Posts
:huh: Many years ago with my Gen1 Taurus I could not undo my rear brakeline to rear wheel cylinder connection. Corroded totally! I had to replace the piston plus brakeline assbly from a junkyard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts