Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im hitting a scrap yard friday for some things and was wondering if anyone knows what seats will "bolt in" to a 2nd gen taurus, other than sho and stock taurus seats. i want sporty and comfortable. im looking for like a volvo seat that will just bolt in.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Most likely, nothing. All cars have different mounting brackets that are designed for the specific application to meet federal crash and safety standards. The only way you'd likely to be able to put seats from another car in would be to somehow swap the seat frame and mounting brackets from the stock seats onto the donor seats.

JR

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Swapping out mounting brackets shouldn't be too hard. They are just held to the bottom of the seat by four bolts. As long as you find a seat with the same bolt pattern for the mounting bracket underneath, it should work.

Btw, I love my SHO seats. (It took a few years of waiting to find a decent set, but it was worth it!)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i guess my only easy choice is to go with sho seats but they will be hard to find around where i live ill have to go a couple hundred miles to the good junk yards to find some and then they will cost a little more than i plan on spending. i guess i will look more ofter maybe ill get lucky.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Love my SHO seats as well, I went about finding them by searching Craigslist and Ebay for people trying to part out/sell V8 SHOs in which the engine gave out.

Found a full set in good condition for $100 that way and it was only an hour away from me:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Lincoln Continental seats will swap in. Ones from the 88-94 vintage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts