Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just got home for lunch and I checked the forum pages like I normally do. My half brother came over and we all talked for a little bit. I then take off from home to head out to work again... That's when it happened.

I take a straight away to take a detour from my normal route cause the City Fair is on (lots of traffic). The straight away then merges left onto a bypass road. I merge with the road and I guess my turn was too wide,

My rear wheels pick up gravel, and I drift to the left... my passenger side is now facing on coming traffic, in order to not hit them... I jam to the right and I slam into a ditch. Some guy pulls up and asks if I were ok, I look at him not remembering much, and I say yeah, he helps me out, and gets me on my way....

The body is fine, the driver's side rims and tires are f***ed though...

I got new tires (they blew out) and all I need now is new wheels. I got a friend thats going to get me some of his old steel wheels of his old Taurus (15"s) so... I think I can get some old tires off of the use tires we have in the back of my work. Well... Im ok, the car's suspension might be another story.... here are some pics

http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/150715/original/DCP_0015.JPG' alt='' width='1280' height='960' class='attach' />[/url]
[url=http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/150716/original/DCP_0016.JPG][img]http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/150716/original/DCP_0016.JPG' alt='' width='1280' height='960' class='attach' />[/url]

Damn, and I was going to get it all painted this Saturday (My Birthday)... :(

Sal

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:eek: I hope this doesn't delay the SHO ABLE too much.. I can't wait to see it all painted..

But this does give you a reason to buy a new set of wheels..

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL Naw, Im going to get two new wheels of the same kind.

UPDATE: The suspension is fine. Lemme tell ya, this car is STRONG! LOL

Wow, Im glad it was all ok.

Just to find some new wheels.... :(

Sal

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
thank heavens your car is ok (for the most part). Lemmie know about progress buddy. Your car never ceases to amaze me.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Damn... you guys really need to stop this...really :unsure: Makes me nervous :eek:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imagine how I felt... I was like "Damn, lots of Taurus accidents..."

and then yesterday it was my turn. Im home from work cause my head hurts and I am aching a little... but for the most part Im ok.

I am very willing though, Im on the lookout right now for a pair of GEN4 wheels.

Sal

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I hit a curb @ 45mph and got some air. Had a little extra negative camber since then but didnt hurt anything suspension wise. :blink:

And if ya'll think its bad right now, wait until it starts snowing. :(

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah nothing was damaged.

UPDATE: The SHOABLE is back on the road. Im looking into getting (maybe) a new WHOLE SET OF SHO WHEELS. But Im not too certain.

Sal

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Im looking into getting (maybe) a new WHOLE SET OF SHO WHEELS. But Im not too certain.

I hope God doesn't have anything against modding a Taurus or Sable. I'm just glad everybody is alright. Are you going with the Gen III SHO wheels in polish or chrome?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
glad to see that it really wasn't too bad, it could have been a hell of a lot worse. that's for sure. Sable's are strong mofos, they're built ford tough! :p btw, the shoable project is turning out awesome, you're fulfilling my dream! Be careful out there!! no more accidents

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will be more careful. The Sable is strong. I was VERY PLEASED. The Taurus Wheels took all the impact. I love it. Kim, maybe when Im done I'll come out your way and you can take it for a spin. (Like old times...) Sarah, thanks for the concern.

James, I was thinking about Slicers. Those are bad ass... But I already ordered some GEN4 wheels again. (I like how they broke away to spare the suspension) So yeah,... the SHO-ABLE Project is delayed 2 weeks... but it's still underway. I'll update you all. Thanks for the replies.

Salvador

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by SableSal@Oct 13 2004, 04:29 PM
I will be more careful. The Sable is strong. I was VERY PLEASED. The Taurus Wheels took all the impact. I love it. Kim, maybe when Im done I'll come out your way and you can take it for a spin. (Like old times...) Sarah, thanks for the concern.

James, I was thinking about Slicers. Those are bad ass... But I already ordered some GEN4 wheels again. (I like how they broke away to spare the suspension) So yeah,... the SHO-ABLE Project is delayed 2 weeks... but it's still underway. I'll update you all. Thanks for the replies.

Salvador
lol you wanna come all the way out to michigan? hahaha i don't know if thats a good idea...anyone who visits me, something happens. :p I would love to see that car tho. a shoable...i wanted to do that to my sable, i'm so glad someone put it to reality.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wanna drive out and meet people of the TCCA (not only my division) So Detroit would be a good stup. (Lots of you guys out there) and then go from there. But first thing is first. I gotta get me some wheels!!

Sal

·
Registered
502 Posts
What the ??? Here at first I pop in after about a week or so and see posts from folks banged up in their cars. I leave a reply, and less than 12 hours later , you end up in one. Come on folks, take care out there, you're families want you home tonight.. ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah.. my head is still hurting. Like crazy actually... I should probably go in for a check up. Eh, oh well.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update: I found some wheels. Paid for them, they should be coming out soon. Same GEN4 wheels. Im thinking on getting some 18s though. Not too sure. Next Pay check Im going to send the Sable in to get painted. Then I'll be done for a while (atleast that's what I say) LOL

Thanks for all the support!

Sal

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Hey Sal...I just saw this post. Sorry to see what happened. I'm glad, though, that you've picked up a new set of rims and all. Remember, I'm coming out your way next June, so we gotta hook up and do something. Sable Powa!

JR

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh yeah that's right. Coming out to Souther Cali right? Damn... June!? Come here already. I need more Sable guys and Taurus guys out here. (time to take over the WCTCCA! LOL)

Sal

1 - 20 of 21 Posts