Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the track for the frist time today, ran a PB (since I didn't have any before) of 16.24 in the 1/4 mi. Bone stock 2000 Taurus SE. Just wanted to share, it was a beautiful day at the track

J

·
0 Posts
Definitely a Duratec. Not bad. Isn't drag racing fun? I absolutely love it! It is so addictive!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it's a Duratec. As for winning...suffice to say I was invited along to an event for mostly Grand Prix GTPs. You may all draw your own conclusions as to the outcomes

What does anyone else run?

J

·
0 Posts
My vulcan ran a 16.9 last October at Lapeer - I've got a tuner chip on the way, hopefully I'll have it before I go back to Lapeer next weekend and I'll see how much of a difference it makes.

·
Registered
933 Posts
my best has been a 10 flat...grr, I really need to get to a full quarter sometime. Doug Lewis says that a 15.0 could be within my grasp with a 10.0 in the 1/8, it would be awesome to see if he's right.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by mcgilles@May 1 2004, 12:28 AM
my best has been a 10 flat...grr, I really need to get to a full quarter sometime. Doug Lewis says that a 15.0 could be within my grasp with a 10.0 in the 1/8, it would be awesome to see if he's right.
My 1/8th on my 16.9 run was an 11 flat, so I'd bet a 15 is easily within reach since your engine has a lot more up high than mine - not to mention the extra like 80 HP and probably 40 or so ft/lbs.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Nice Time! Sounds like you had fun. I am hoping to get to the track sometime this summer.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I ran a 16.8 @ 83. I think my 1/8th was about an 11.1. Mine has a real problem getting off the line, but the upper end is pretty decent. Tis no duratec in the top end, but it holds its own against high revving multi-valvers. I want to see what the chip did to my 1/4 times, but i dont think i will be to happy cuz i ran it when it was colder, and now its TX hot out.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Originally posted by mcgilles@Apr 30 2004, 11:28 PM
All of my sub 15.4 second runs have had sub 10 second 1/8th mile runs. You'd have to have quite the strong top end to get a 15.0. A 9.7 or 9.8 1/8th will get you a 15.0 or better.

Any stock V8 SHO has the capability to run 15.1 or better with the right weather conditions.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
I haven't been down to the track, but I did have a Beltronics FX1 and the Best time for me was 16.1 @85 mph, but I don't have niether a V6 nor an atx and that was almost 6 mos. ago and I've done a few more mods since then with more on the way...... Nice run :clap:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Persephone, you wouldn't happen to be the ADM of another forum along with a guy called RDS would you?

If so, hello, this is shownaynay off there. :D

WOW, glad to see ya.

Ok off subject.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Originally posted by jtkz13@May 1 2004, 07:31 PM
My bone stock Duratec ran consistent 16.1-16.2's @ 86-88 mph every time down. This was with heavy 17's and Roush springs. My 60's were typically in the 2.25-2.30 range. Brake-tq to 1800-2k rpm and full throttle. It was an excellent bracket racing car, I won a trophy with it actually.

B)
Damn, those are some nice 60' times.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
impatient95: nope, sorry, just a forum-lurker-recently-turned-poster here. but good to meet you :D

I decided not to enter the bracket races, the prize was a LSD (for W-body) and I didn't want to screw anyone out of it.

Nice win on the trophy, jtkz13.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Originally posted by mikehawk+May 1 2004, 09:42 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mikehawk @ May 1 2004, 09:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jtkz13@May 1 2004, 07:31 PM
My bone stock Duratec ran consistent 16.1-16.2's @ 86-88 mph every time down. This was with heavy 17's and Roush springs. My 60's were typically in the 2.25-2.30 range. Brake-tq to 1800-2k rpm and full throttle. It was an excellent bracket racing car, I won a trophy with it actually.

B)
Damn, those are some nice 60' times. [/b][/quote]
I'm thinking I could have pulled better 60's with the stock tires at a lowered presure,to be honest. The tires were nice & grippy, but the extra weight of the wheels probably negated the extra grip.

And I'm hoping for 1.8's in my Mustang, so 2.2's are not anything to get too excited about. :D :p

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Originally posted by jtkz13+May 1 2004, 10:57 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jtkz13 @ May 1 2004, 10:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 1 2004, 09:42 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-jtkz13
@May 1 2004, 07:31 PM

B)

Damn, those are some nice 60' times.
I'm thinking I could have pulled better 60's with the stock tires at a lowered presure,to be honest. The tires were nice & grippy, but the extra weight of the wheels probably negated the extra grip.

And I'm hoping for 1.8's in my Mustang, so 2.2's are not anything to get too excited about. :D :p [/b][/quote]
I didn't mean those 60' times were good for a muscle car or anything, I meant those are pretty good times for a taurus. I was only able to pull 2.4's in my gen3.

What I don't understand is how you got a qucker 60' and a (slightly) higher trap, but I got a quicker e/t. My best run is [email protected] with a 2.4 60', how did I get a quicker e/t if you get off the line better than I do and you trap higher, too? I don't get it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts