Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lol2: wife calls me and says she got a speeding ticket, so i say in the taurus
or the truck. she says nooooooooooooo in the vic. :blink:
she says bry i was traveling and the cars would move out of my way so i just kept going at the
same clip. then i look up and theres a statie behind me so i pull over.
the statie gets out and ask for license and all that stuff. she hands them over
and he comes to her says "listen i know people move out your way so with that said let's
keep it under 65. btw he says i clocked you doing 90 in a 65. :lol2:

she got off with a warning.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
90 in a 65? Dang :eek: Leadfoot Jill. That must be pretty cool, parting traffic in an ex-police car.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
she says bry i was traveling and the cars would move out of my way so i just kept going at the
and he comes to her says "listen i know people move out your way so with that said let's

[/b]
wtf you got nice statiesthen, i was doing 90 trying to pass a truck and a statie gave me a 250 dollar ticket. he said im letting you off easy. how the hell is giving me 250 dollar ticket letting me off easy? weird thing was he took like 5 minutes to pull me over, we were going down 91 for about a mile and then his lights went on. oo did the cop ask if you had any grenades in your car? mine did :rofl2:

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
wtf you got nice statiesthen, i was doing 90 trying to pass a truck and a statie gave me a 250 dollar ticket. he said im letting you off easy. how the hell is giving me 250 dollar ticket letting me off easy? weird thing was he took like 5 minutes to pull me over, we were going down 91 for about a mile and then his lights went on. oo did the cop ask if you had any grenades in your car? mine did :rofl2:
[/b][/quote]

Because if you live in a state like NC, going 90 in a 65 is enough to get your license revoked

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
I hate you guys.

Most I got was 80 in a 65 and i got a like, $300 dollar ticket. Cop said "didnt know that pos could even do that!" and bounced.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I hate you guys.

Most I got was 80 in a 65 and i got a like, $300 dollar ticket. Cop said "didnt know that pos could even do that!" and bounced.
[/b]
After 8 years of driving, I still haven't gotten a speeding ticket... :x:

·
Registered
681 Posts
My worst was 62 in a 40.

I was driving a 200SX SE at the time. The SHO only got a measly 67 in a 50. I told myself I wasn't gonna buy a red one.

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
I got 72 in a 55. Wrote for 5 over so got lucky. In the sable few years ago now.

Cruise set at 84 in 70 in the 'tour when I was driving it back from downstate when I saw a statie sitting in the median pointed at traffic coming at it (ie ME). Didn't do a thing. Very weird going passed a cop pointed at you doing over 80 and doesn't come out chasing. I'm use to 55mph or less everywhere up herer I guess.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
After 8 years of driving, I still haven't gotten a speeding ticket... :x:
[/b]
yeah ive been driving for 5 years and that was my first one.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have found as I have gotten older (36 now), I can get off more on tickets than when I was young. I used to get ticketed for EVERYTHING! Now haven't gotten one in probably 8-10 years.

Here's one to beat all tales. When I was a kid my Dad got pulled once going 139 in a 70... and trooper wound up talking to him about his car (GTO) and he only got a warning.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I never go that much over the limit, but I figure if I ever get pulled over for like 10 over, I'll just blast my radio and blow the fuse. The speedometer is on the same fuse.

"officer, my speedometer stopped working. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow..."

Only time i've ever been pulled over was for like 40 in a 35, but I got a warning cause I thought the speed limit was 50. There was only one speed limit sign for the 35 zone an I had turned onto the road like 10 feet before it and didn't see the sign.

·
Registered
62 Posts
lol i got busted for driftin in the drift the cop had me clocked at 70 in a 45 and i sweet talked him into a warning all i had to do was awnser how i managed to drift in a fwd taurus :dunno: :rofl2:

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
90 in a 65...not too shabby :thumb:

<- 110 in a 55, got a warning :p
[/b]
wow daniel and your a guy and you got a warning. :lol2:

110 :noes:
[/b][/quote]

120 in a 65. He ticketed my ass. $585.00.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
90 in a 65...not too shabby :thumb:

<- 110 in a 55, got a warning :p
[/b]
wow daniel and your a guy and you got a warning. :lol2:

110 :noes:
[/b][/quote]

120 in a 65. He ticketed my ass. $585.00.
[/b][/quote]

We all cant be winners. :(

1 - 20 of 42 Posts