Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Ford Taurus AWD Limited with the 3.5L naturally aspirated. I have the magna flow catback exhaust on it and was wondering if I'd see any benefit from adding a CAI. I am not looking to see any horsepower gain, but mainly looking for a nicer sound. Do you think a CAI combined with the catback would be a good combo or is the cold air intake completely unnecessary. I have seen a few posts about CAI's, but not too much about one in combination with a catback. Thanks for the help, and I'm glad to be here. -Nick

·
Super Moderator
8,005 Posts
Your engine already has a CAI that can flow more air than the stock engine can ever use. An aftermarket CAI will make more noise, but power output will not change much if at all.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I had a CAI in my 2010 and it honestly added very little, if any, difference in the sound of the car. Which i upsetting because i had a 2004 nissan altima that i put a CAI in and it made a world of difference in the sound. Since you already have a catback, i would strongly suggest getting your engine tuned. Your a/f ratio is going to be all kinds of thrown off.

With that said, i do have one for my 2015 that i originally bought for a steal and was planning on selling to double my money on it. Not too many people in my area drive these cars though, so if i cant sell it i will be putting it on

With that said lol, if anyone wants to buy a CAI for their 2013+ non sho, i have one for sale

·
Registered
2013 Limited
469 Posts
FWIW, I have a CAI on my 3.5 NA. It makes a great sound but will drone at times. Under heavy acceleration it makes virtually the same whistle noise as a turbo spooling up. After swapping between OEM and the CAI more than half a dozen times, I notice it definitely helps the midrange torque and doesn't have to downshift nearly as often going up hill. A bit of a downside, probably only for my tired transmission, is that it revs up higher 1st to 3rd before shifting- VS stock. The build of the intake makes a difference. Mine is aluminum with a dry-flow filter (not K&N). I'm not sure of any plastic cold air intakes but I'd imagine they wouldn't make much noise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a CAI in my 2010 and it honestly added very little, if any, difference in the sound of the car. Which i upsetting because i had a 2004 nissan altima that i put a CAI in and it made a world of difference in the sound. Since you already have a catback, i would strongly suggest getting your engine tuned. Your a/f ratio is going to be all kinds of thrown off.

With that said, i do have one for my 2015 that i originally bought for a steal and was planning on selling to double my money on it. Not too many people in my area drive these cars though, so if i cant sell it i will be putting it on

With that said lol, if anyone wants to buy a CAI for their 2013+ non sho, i have one for sale
If it's still available I would be interest in taking that CAI off your hands.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts