Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a dashmat to give it that fuzzy dash look. They had leopard and zebra print, but that's too exotic for my tastes. It's velour, so it's got to be high quality stuff. :lol2:

The picture makes the dash look gray, but it's just the lighting. The tan makes the dash look "warmer". There's a hole for the light sensor although it looks like an afterthought to me since the edges aren't hemmed.

And from the title, there has to be more than one mod, right? Well, yes, there's one more mod today.

Before:

After:

Comparison:

This was interesting. I read that I would have to mod the light or the harness to get the plug to fit. But I was totally shocked when I saw this:

The '04 tails actually came off an '04 Taurus (not aftermarket). I was so happy I didn't have to mod the light or harness to get it to fit! I was prepared to do it though. The '04 tails were missing the rubber piece that surrounds the outside inner edge of the taillight as well as the flappy part at the top near the fender. Not a big deal. It's not like it helped much anyways.

Here's a couple of artsy pics I took. My car's dirty so there's not many pictures at the moment.

Keywords: 2004 04 tail tails light taillight dashmat dash mat

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I don't know why we feel so good when we do some little thing to our cars that make it different from everyone elses.

Maybe because we just made it different from everyone elses.:dunno:
I remember the first few people that did the tailight swap said it had to be modified.

You lucked out.

Good job
Mike
B)

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
I like those tail lights better than the 03 ones
[/b]
During the day, yes...at night, not as much, IMHO. They light up differently....but they do let you do amber turn signals :D

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I like the '00-'03 tails better the the '04+.

I just never liked the reverse light spear going all the way across...

At any rate, still looking good!

:coolgleam:

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts

[/b]
Yeah...if I get an '05 it's going to get lots of 00-03 interior stuff, and the taillights. It's not that I don't like the 04-07 tails...I do like the reverse "light" area going all the way across plus the ability to to the amber turn signals, but I like the shape of the lit area on the '00-03 better. :)

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The area and lens is the same size for the brake light on both lights. There's just a reflector in front of the lighting area on the '04+ tails. It doesn't bother me. The reflector on the '03 shows the size and shape of the the area for the lower compartment (which is the same compartment on the '04+). The reflector on the '04+ covers half of the compartment (which explains the red spill-over in the '04+ tails).

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
During the day, yes...at night, not as much, IMHO. They light up differently....but they do let you do amber turn signals :D
[/b][/quote]

ME wanta do that!!!

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Yeah...if I get an '05 it's going to get lots of 00-03 interior stuff, and the taillights. It's not that I don't like the 04-07 tails...I do like the reverse "light" area going all the way across plus the ability to to the amber turn signals, but I like the shape of the lit area on the '00-03 better. :)
[/b][/quote]

If you guys want to switch out, LET ME KNOW!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I noticed when I was out west, more people had dashmats than they do out here. Seems like a good idea. Nice high quality dashmat from the looks. The taillamps make your SEL look a tad more, dare I say classy? :dunno: Looks great man B)

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's not just classy, it's drop dead sexy. :lol2: Actually I realized it complements these wheels a whole lot better. It looked really frumpy with the all red lenses.

Yes, DashMats should be like a requirement out here. If you don't have one, your dash will look like it was mauled by a bear in a few years (sun damage). It only costs $30 and it's made in California.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
It's velour, so it's got to be high quality stuff. :lol2:
[/b]
:thumb: But you didn't want the big-pimpin' leopard print? :lol:

I haven't decided yet if I like the late Gen IV tails more or the early ones. I like the ability to have an amber turn signal, but :dunno:

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<div class='quotemain'>
It's velour, so it's got to be high quality stuff. :lol2:
[/b]
:thumb: But you didn't want the big-pimpin' leopard print? :lol:

[/b][/quote]

If I went with the leopard print, then all the ladies would be swarming all over my car leaving lipstick and fingerprints all over the mirrors and windows which would be a pain to clean. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
:werd:
I thought I was the only one who wasn't a fan of the 4.5 taillights. They only light up 3/4 versus the regular gen4's. I dunno, doesn't do much for me at all. I'm with Jim, if I were to get a 4.5, regular gen4 taillights would be put in.

00 -01's I believe have a different adapter than 02+. When I got my Centennial tails I had to modify those to fit.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't know why we feel so good when we do some little thing to our cars that make it different from everyone elses.

Maybe because we just made it different from everyone elses.:dunno:
I remember the first few people that did the tailight swap said it had to be modified.

You lucked out.

Good job
Mike
B)
[/b]

I thought I was the only one that feels like this, I just put some disco balls on my car, and I think to myself "that's one more mod that makes it different from other taurii, of course many taurii have disco balls but that's one of many steps towards making mine different :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
00 -01's I believe have a different adapter than 02+. When I got my Centennial tails I had to modify those to fit.
[/b]
So what needs to be done to get the 04' tails to fit into my 00'? I think the clear lense on the extra bulb spot would be better than the red with the strobes...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts