Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this link this morning on MSN.com. May be a repost.Sales Figures It lists the number of each model car in the top ten in the US. Ford F-series is number 1.

Ford F-Series: 432,969

Chevrolet Silverado: 322,907

Dodge Ram: 218,369

Toyota Camry: 213,625

Honda Accord: 192,106

Ford Explorer: 168,059

Honda Civic: 162,483

Ford Taurus: 144,035

Chevrolet Impala: 139,460

Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan: 131,367

Ford still has three vehicles in the top ten...I wonder if the Taurus includes the Sable? I'm sure it does, but I wonder why they listed it as just the Taurus, when they listed the Caravan as "Caravan/Grand Caravan."

JR

J

·
0 Posts
That's cool. I don't think they generally include the Sable with the Taurus figures. I think just just did Caravan/Grand Caravan because the grand is just a trim level. They consider the Sable a completely different car as far as sales figures go, at least what I've read in the past. :)

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's too bad. I'm sure that if they included the Sable with the Taurus, it would be well above at least the Accord, and possibly the Camry. I find it funny though, that they count all the F-series as one model...

JR

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
No surprise there, the F150 has been the top selling vehicle for over 20 years IIRC.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
I wonder what the numbers will look like when the new Lightning, and Harley Davidson editions come out! In the words of the immortal Keith Jackson............
WOAAAAHHHHHH NELLIE!!!!

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
The Taurus sales figures DO NOT include the Sable. Thats not how it works. That would be like Honda Accord sales including some sales from Acura as they use a sedan that is a European Honda Accord. Or Explorer Sales including the Mountaineer, etc.

As for the F-Series being considered all one vehicle. It's the same with the Silverado. All those trucks sold to consumers PLUS work level trucks are included. (Silverado 2500, 3500, 4500, etc.) as with the F-150, 250, 350, etc.

-Kyle

X

·
0 Posts
Hmmm....since all of Ford's new sedans start with F, they should just call those f-series. Number 1 best selling car, truck, and van!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts