Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since the weather has finally changed here in Ohio, I was finally able to give the wagon a good cleaning finally. With the move and my knee surgery all in the last month also, things have been a little slow, but finally I was able to clean up the new mods and add another one.

NEW mods for 2011,
Goodyear Eagle GT tires,
Slotted & drille rotors,
Re-painted & lettered (MOTORCRAFT) calipers,
LeMans / rocker stripe (TAURUS 24V DOHC)
Billet aluminum grill.
Yesterday, I replaced the black "eye lids" on the headlights with painted body color "eye lids" outlined with black pinstripe.

Now the pictures,

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Sweet! Where's the rotor/caliper close ups?

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, sorry I forgot to post those pics Dan.......
Here are pics of the new rotors,

And then with the rims in place
Front

Rear

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Please let me know first impressions with the rotors im looking to get them asap just worried about dust, my stocks are 5 months old but with cheap pads that get super hot and super dirty and make my 20s gross in like 5 days, and my preivous brakes disnt get them this dorty so i know its not cause of the added weight of the wheels

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please let me know first impressions with the rotors im looking to get them asap just worried about dust, my stocks are 5 months old but with cheap pads that get super hot and super dirty and make my 20s gross in like 5 days, and my preivous brakes disnt get them this dorty so i know its not cause of the added weight of the wheels

So far I have no complaints about them. I do notice a little differance when driving in wet weather, otherwise its not a race car so I dont exspect any differance. I am running the top of the line Autozone ceramics, C-Max I think, and they leave very little dust. We havent had any long dry spell yet, but I have been running these since early April and they are still feeling good. These rotors I bought on Ebay for $144.95 for all 4 SHIPPED from California to Ohio. So when you look at it, they are cheaper than the 1 year rotors from Autozone and these come with a 1 year warranty also. Remember though, I change my rotors & pads every 2 years no matter what they look like.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Really Impressive dennis. Next time im driving through parma, im gonna have to look for ya to get a hands on look. great job

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really Impressive dennis. Next time im driving through parma, im gonna have to look for ya to get a hands on look. great job
LOL..in Parma Hts now. :p I come out that way often, I used to live in Elyria and still stop out to visit friends and stuff. I also hit some of the cruises out that way, like Quaker Steak on sundays. I'm always happy to show off the wagon, feel free to flag me down if you see me on the road, I dont think you'll miss this wagon.. :lol2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts