Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I’ve searched and searched for an explanation on a firm ride. I’m looking to replace the shocks/struts possibly springs. I see people say they like a firm ride but I don’t know what that means. My end goal is to have a ride that is smooth and I don’t feel every bump in the road. I would like a ride that kind of floats if you will. The rear is lower than it should be which is why I’m looking to replace them. After reading people’s posts, it seems better to do them all at once. I know there’s quick struts fully assembled, but some say to use different brands of springs with another brand of shocks. I’ve seen MOOG thrown around. I’m not very knowledgeable when it comes to suspension. I’ve changed some before on other vehicles but just bought the autoparts store brands. Didn’t know there were so many different options.

2006 Ford Taurus SEL 130k

·
Registered
158 Posts
I used quick struts on my '06 Ford 500 and was not happy. I ended up tearing them apart (defeating the purpose) to replace the upper mounts because it failed front end alignment (bad mounts). The ride seemed very stiff after replacement. I wish I had gone OEM which I will next time. Tires make a huge difference on how smooth the ride will be, so look at that also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts