Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is there a hole in the gen 4 firewall i need to run wire for driving lights. Or where can i drill one?

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by fojt19@Feb 28 2004, 06:35 PM
Where is there a hole in the gen 4 firewall i need to run wire for driving lights. Or where can i drill one?
On the right hand side of the engine bay there is a gromet on the firewall with nothing going into it..

you will need to PULL it out, or push it through and pick it up in the drivers side footwell... be careful, because it can get stuck inside of the car, and you wil have to dig it out from the inside...

once ya get it out, put a small hole in it, and pop it back in.. it wot fit as tight whne you put it back in, but you can manage...

Hope this helps!

Jesse

·
Registered
148 Posts
I do autostart for a living there is a shortcut for this and it is pretty slick though but here it is.

If you see you Fuse panel follow the left side all the way up too the top so it would be the upper right corner of the fuel panel. well if you look on the firewall right on this corner you'll see that the insulator has a slight opening there if you move it around with a long screwdriver you'll notice a nice grommet there. i think this will work on all gen 3 and 4 some gen 3 there is a grommet too the left of the gas pedal it is there on a lot of them but the keyless entry blocks this grommet if it is equipped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts