Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

This is my first post/thread. I've been looking online trying to find a good spot to pass a wire harness through the firewall. It's for a P/A system. Need to run about 5 wires all together, and the speaker I will have to mount behind the grille.

Under the hood I can barely even see the firewall because the engine bay is so jam packed. The last thing I want to do is drill a hole, but I will as long as it is in a spot where I can feed my hand in to pull the wires.

Does anybody know of any large grommet I could slice in to? I even pulled out the glove box and still cannot find enough room to work. Thanks.

·
Registered
395 Posts
You can also go through the boot underneath the windshield wiper cowl but you have to make sure you silicon around it to make sure no water leaks in

·
Registered
225 Posts
Doesn't matter if it is an interceptor or not. The vehicles are the same. That information by Ford was an after-thought anyway. They use the unused sunroof drain tube point in the sheet metal. In most cases you have to drill it bigger or drill a bigger hole next to it if you have bunch of wires as the sunroof drain hole isn't that large.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Doesn't matter if it is an interceptor or not. The vehicles are the same. That information by Ford was an after-thought anyway. They use the unused sunroof drain tube point in the sheet metal. In most cases you have to drill it bigger or drill a bigger hole next to it if you have bunch of wires as the sunroof drain hole isn't that large.
That's if you don't have a sunroof...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input guys. I just went and ran the wires next to a grommet to the right of the gas pedal. It was the only spot I could find that would allow me to pass multiple wires. Plus I REALLY did not want to drill a new hole. Job was surprisingly easy and nothing was difficult to get to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for all the input guys. I just went and ran the wires next to a grommet to the right of the gas pedal. It was the only spot I could find that would allow me to pass multiple wires. Plus I REALLY did not want to drill a new hole. Job was surprisingly easy and nothing was difficult to get to.
You're probably not around any more but I have a question. You say you ran it to the right of the gas pedal. Did you remove anything to get to it? Gas pedal, carpet, mouldings, panels? Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts