Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This is where the hole is, looking down behind the engine near the middle.
I highlted the area.

I'll be going in again today to see where this hole leads as I still haven't been able to do it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Awesome Ryne!
I fed everything through and it looks awesome! Now I'm waiting to recieve my Scosche Kit and I'll be set.

I appreciate your help, that truly is a good hole :)

I also installed the aluminum gauge bezel and in a bit I'll be taking the intake silencer out.. We have beautiful weather here and I love working on the car when its like this outside

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
..Damn you Vulcan owners...you can see your firewall <_<

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by Ryne@Apr 9 2005, 03:51 PM
if you're using the hole i'm talking about, don't worry about where it comes out, just shove it through and you'll see it on the passenger floor. But, since I'm a nice guy, I got some photos for you. There's no way to get my camera to the point where the wire passes through the firewall, but these do well enough...
It's hidden pretty well indeed....

What's up with the rat nest up in there? :eek:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
These are the almost finished pictures of the Power Wire making its way to the rear.

This is an additional picture of the bezel install I did. I had a busy weekend :D

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
What route did u take in the trunk? I wanna get a 50w/4 RMS amp...wasn't sure the best way to route the wire.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
There is already a stock wiring harness that passes beneath the plastic trimming that runs the lenght of the car by your feet. Lots of space for additional wire.

I'm still not quite finished routing the wire to the trunk, I'll be waiting for when I install the Scosche kit to take the back seats out and route the wiring the same way the stock wiring goes to the amp. I don't want to bother with removing the rear seats right now because i will have to do a lot of wiring when I actually get all my bits in.

I've got RCA cables to run to the new head unit, Scosche wiring to run to the stock amp, remote on switch for the amp (which I might just splice into the radio power), and the door speaker installation which will require me to take apart both my front doors and route everything to the rear again.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Originally posted by gamefanatic+Apr 12 2005, 11:39 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gamefanatic @ Apr 12 2005, 11:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pa|2a|)oX@Apr 11 2005, 04:34 PM
This is an additional picture of the bezel install I did. I had a busy weekend :D
Hey were did you get a speedo that marks up to 180?? :) [/b][/quote]
LOL

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Originally posted by Ryne@Apr 12 2005, 10:12 AM
Canada... ;)

Remember to run your RCA down the other side of the car so you don't pick up feedback from the power cables
:notworthy:

Didn't see the Kmh :p

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Originally posted by Pa|2a|)oX@Apr 12 2005, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the advice Ryne, never would have thought to do that.
just glad to help out :)

and don't feel bad gamefanatic...i did a double take at first too lol

I'm going to try to get this pinned...it has a lot of good pictures and info

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Ownage. Nice job. :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thanks Dude.
I'm sure this thread will be beneficial to someone in the long run.

Can't tell you how much I appreciate you guys helping me..

Now i've got to fix the giant hole in the floorboards that'll fit at least 2 raccoons.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Simple. Fill them with raccoons.

21 - 40 of 139 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.