Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went in to the shop at 8 and was done by 830 today. I had Mr. Clanton (local muffler shop owner, does great work) put 2.25 inch piping from the resonator to the muffler. My muffler is a Dynomax Super Turbo 2.25 inlet/outlet. I have yet to hear it from the outside, but I'm hoping it's not as raspy as the stock 2 inch piping was. If I can find the cord, I will post pics that I took with my phone as he was doing the work.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
ooh! I cant wait to see pix. I like Dynomax, they always seem to have a good sound when i hear them. Nice and mellow. Good stuff!

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
i love my dynomax 40 series. i think its better than flomasters
mine does get a lil raspy past 4000rpm, but thats the way i like it. hell, i loved my exhaust when i didnt have a muffler at all. talk about loud. i didnt think much of it till i had all my windows open hitting 5000rpm. that was fun.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I mentioned it elsewhere... (the topic on lack of split dual exhausts pics), but Dynomax make a killer catback split 2-tip setup... apparently it's got better power than the Flowmasters through the whole range, and sounds better... my kit is gonna cost me about $1,000 cdn, and the only parts I'll need that aren't in the kit to begin with are a couple of pipe hangers, since the GL wasn't designed with a split exhaust in mind... oh, and I might have to fab a new pair of .18ga. exhaust shields...

I wanna get this thing in... but it's likely to be xmas before I can afford it... I'm saving up for the struts right now... and the girlfriend wants a romantic trip. If she ain't happy, I'll be sleeping with my Bad Puppy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts