Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm installing new speakers in my car to replace the stock ones, and I pull the front right out of the door only to find stuck to the magnet...

Yeah, that's what I said. I'm almost afraid to look under the back seat!

So what's the weirdest thing you've ever found in a car you bought used?

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
my sister found a hat in her Jeep... it was between the side of the jeep and the spare tire (inside). My Dad kept it, probably wears it too...lol No cool stuff in my car though :/

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
A bag of drugs, morgage foreclosure papers and several late bills in the '01. I'm not kidding! Seems our car may have been repo'ed?

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Well, since my car was bought brand new and ordered to spec, nothing but Ford goodness came with my car. Only stuff in it now is stuff I've put in it.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
Boy on my grand am site found a for sale sing in the door of his DeVille

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The list continues:

- Under the back seat, two pieces of grey leather (uh oh... <_< )
- 2 CD's
- Directions to Six Flags in Mass.
- About $6 in quarters. Yes, $6.

- 2 pennies.
- 1 firecracker.

Tomorrow, the trunk!!

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by Racer X@Mar 15 2004, 09:14 PM
The list continues:

- 2 CD's

- 2 pennies.
- 1 firecracker.

Tomorrow, the trunk!!
Firecrackers, eh?

Are firecrackers legal in NY? I know they arent in mass, but they are in NH.

Interesting stuff.

Now you can use the old speakers magnets for looking for filings when you drain your oil....................AGAIN.........................J/K

-Damon

·
Registered
59 Posts
In my car there was a guy's bank recipt behind the glove box and the rear seat belt was broken and when we got it back from ford there was a game boy color game laying in the cup holder. I think the game boy game was in the seat belt thing and jamming it

·
Registered
108 Posts
lol found a 9mm revolver in the armrest in the back seat folded up) scared the hell out my mom) and some percaset under the dash wedged in there lol. it was empty tho *COUGH* lol)

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Racer X@Mar 15 2004, 08:14 PM
The list continues:

- 2 CD's

- 2 pennies.
- 1 firecracker.

Tomorrow, the trunk!!
I'm surprised my Dad didn't sniff out those quarters. I swear, it's the high point of his day, finding loose change in a car!

If you find any $100's, those are mine. See, I put them there for safe keeping, and forgot......

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
When I was working for Enterprise (enterLIES) this past summer one of the cars I was helping clean had a pistol in the center console when we went to clean it.

I am not going to go into details of what else we found in other cars, but there was some gross stuff. It was in Lynn, MA, which explains it.............

-DC

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a '66 Mustang, and after I bought it, put it through a good cleaning. There was a few odd things that I found.

A ratty old San Jose Sharks t-shirt
One flip flop
A full box of condoms
A map of Nova Scotia
and some 8 tracks, including Dan Fogleburg(sp) and 3 Dog Night

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was installing a cd changer in my wagon last sunday and I was removing some panels to feed cables and I found a white cable antenna and a device, turns out reading the info on box the wagon had lowjack installed on it when the first owner. Pretty cool find!
and I guess it must still work I havent' modded the car aside from the changer and it doesn't appear the first owner did either. I guess if the unfortunate might happen it will be a test and a crossing of the fingers.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
In my first car, a 1994 grand am, I found a Mexican penny, thats all I found in that one since the car was barely a year old. That was my last used car. If you want to see interesting things go to the junk yard. There they have cars full of stuff; check books, bills, clothes, old concert tickets, maps, accident reports(gee wonder how that got there), new bottles of oil, and school text books. Funnist thing to date at a junk yard; Geo Storm with "Triton V8" stickers on the front fender.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
What the heck, I'll add my wholly uninteresting list from the '98...

It really was very clean inside, but I found a few things behind the back seat

- Orange girl's hair beret
- Business card of the previous owner
- One jumbo paperclip
- A little loose change

whoopty-do

·
Registered
933 Posts
I found some lose change. and some kind of orange rubber thing in the engine, looked like a guard to a tool or something. plus a few assorted cherios, had the vacuum take care of them though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts