Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally! Lincoln put out an ad on TV for the 2004 Lincoln LS that accelerates from 0-60 in an "eybrow raising 6.42 seconds!" :banana: B)

I LOVE that car and was upset that Lincoln was not advertising it - has anybody seen this ad? I rarely watch TV, so this could be old news, but oh well. :)

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Find the vid and post it! LS has always been one of my favorites. I still have the issue of MT where it was car of the year :)

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Is this the one where it's the black LS with the big chrome wheels driving in the desert? And they show a whole bunch of views of it driving and one of the last things they say is..."...the only thing it doesn't do, is drive itself..." then they show a view of the interior and it says "Lucky for you." "The 2004 Lincoln LS...Lease an LS for only $XXX a month at your local Lincoln dealer." :p

If to thats a pretty cool ad. The only thing I wish it had where some sounds of the engine growling. :D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by kjw86ca@Jun 14 2004, 02:32 AM
Is this the one where it's the black LS with the big chrome wheels driving in the desert? And they show a whole bunch of views of it driving and one of the last things they say is..."...the only thing it doesn't do, is drive itself..." then they show a view of the interior and it says "Lucky for you." "The 2004 Lincoln LS...Lease an LS for only $XXX a month at your local Lincoln dealer." :p

If to thats a pretty cool ad. The only thing I wish it had where some sounds of the engine growling. :D
Nope, it's not that one, because the one I saw had the engine growling in it. :D B)

·
Registered
308 Posts
I liked the LSE model in 2002. :notworthy:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by WillieSHOme@Jun 14 2004, 09:52 AM
I liked the LSE model in 2002. :notworthy:
Oh, yes! I just saw one of those when I was snooping around at a Lincoln-Mercury dealership last week. :coolgleam:

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
They are pimp :cool_shades: I thought about one before I bought the Taurus, but didn't. It may be a contender for what replaces the bull, but more than likely that honor will go to a Volvo S60R :cool_shades:

·
Registered
318 Posts
I like the Lincoln LS, but frankly, I think it's doomed. It doesn't "fit" anywhere in the Lincoln lineup (unfortunately). Its body is totally different from other Lincolns, it uses a different engine and driveline as well.
But the biggest indication of its impending demise is the sight of the vinyl-topped ones with Vogue "tyres" on wagon wheels that are featured at our local Lincoln-Mercury dealer. (No, we're not near the ghetto, either).

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
I dont think the LS is doomed. It's a strong seller, actually exceeding Lincolns goals. Motor Trend praises the car, etc. I have never seen one with the soft top here. :unsure: I can't imagine though, bleh! Usually the type of people you see driving them here are guys in their late 20's, 30's, and older people. It's rarely younger women, always younger guys.

-Kyle

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by kjw86ca@Jun 14 2004, 03:04 PM
I dont think the LS is doomed. It's a strong seller, actually exceeding Lincolns goals. Motor Trend praises the car, etc. I have never seen one with the soft top here. :unsure: I can't imagine though, bleh! Usually the type of people you see driving them here are guys in their late 20's, 30's, and older people. It's rarely younger women, always younger guys.

-Kyle
:withstupid:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
The THX Surround sound in that car should be part of the advertising, cause thats a NICE system.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Nick986@Jun 14 2004, 04:07 PM
The THX Surround sound in that car should be part of the advertising, cause thats a NICE system.
It was in the newest ad I saw. B)

Basically the new ad I saw could be paraphrased as "Go Fast, stylishly and in the lap of luxury" - sounds good to me :D

·
Registered
663 Posts
The LS isn't doomed. The next generation Lincoln LS (2006?) is going to be a bigger car, probably to match against the Caddy STS/STS-V. The smaller Lincoln Zephyr will take over the current LS' entry-sporty slot, against the Caddy CTS/CTS-V.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Its body is totally different from other Lincolns
I believe it was developed to compete in the market of the European type sport luxury cars. The Audi,BMW,Volvo,STS and etc.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Originally posted by WillieSHOme@Jun 14 2004, 07:30 PM
I believe it was developed to compete in the market of the European type sport luxury cars. The Audi,BMW,Volvo,STS and etc.
Isn't the V-8 only something like .2 sec faster in the 1/4 than the V-6? Plus, you can't even get the 5-speed with the V8. Don't really know how they expect it to compete.

The SC'd 430hp LS is pretty sweet though:

http://www.llsoc.com/V2R1/OLOA/default.asp

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Xee+Jun 15 2004, 12:18 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xee @ Jun 15 2004, 12:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-WillieSHOme@Jun 14 2004, 07:30 PM
Isn't the V-8 only something like .2 sec faster in the 1/4 than the V-6? Plus, you can't even get the 5-speed with the V8. Don't really know how they expect it to compete.

The SC'd 430hp LS is pretty sweet though:

http://www.llsoc.com/V2R1/OLOA/default.asp [/b][/quote]
It better be faster than that, it's about 50 HP and 60 ft/lbs more. B)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by civicex@Jun 15 2004, 12:33 AM
You can't get the 5-speed with the v6 version either. Ford canned the manual version when the LS got a HP bump from vvt heads about a year ago. So you can either pick an used ~200HP LS with a stick or a new ~230HP LS with an automatic.

If you want a cool super-sedan, try GM:

Those photos are of the limited edition Caddy CTS-V Plus testing at Nürburgring. 600HP super-sedan. Those monster fenders and hood are carbon fiber. It's around $65000 and 500 will be made. ;)
Those will never sell at that price, just look at the "super cheap sport truck" - the SSR and how its prices got jacked up big time. Super-cheap, fast, sporty GM cars are NEVER CHEAP. Plus, it's a GM. :p

·
Registered
308 Posts
If you want a cool super-sedan, try GM:
I don't think so! :beat-chevy: :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts