Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also Hiddnen, you have anymore pics of the Taurus? Like Close-ups? Also what did you use to attatch the ground effect on? Let me know, thanks

Also you think this would fit a 98 Sable? I really like it and want to try it. So let me know thank you.

SableSal

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
That's not the actual bumper. That's an overlay. If you look closely you can see the cheatline.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks that looks mad ricey???

And why would you want an overlay? If you don't get the glue to harden well enough, you'll see it start to sag on hot days and get all nasty looking...

JR

·
Registered
183 Posts
i think its fugly. only car ive seen taht on that it looks good is a dodge avenger

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Don't rush into anything just yet Sal. Give it a little more time. Something is bound to show up sooner or later.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
In title bar: "Ford Taurus body kit bumper front 92-2004 universal"

Yeah, like one body kit will fit three different cars. Something's wrong.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Qwertz9586 Posted on Jul 6 2004, 10:26 PM
  In title bar: "Ford Taurus body kit bumper front 92-2004 universal"

Yeah, like one body kit will fit three different cars. Something's wrong. 
No, there's nothing wrong with that statement. I have that same "clip" sitting in my garage. The "cheat line" that was spoke of is at the top of the front plate holder. It is a nice wrap though. The contours of the "clip" are pretty even with the Gen 3 and 4. As for the Gen 2s, it's simply a bumper cover. You may be able to fit it on a Gen 1 but that would probably require a bumper change (if that's even possible). I'm sure if the staement is false, then someone with $300 to blow would buy the "clip" and then sue the crap out of'em for false advertisement/proclemation(s). What needs to happen (as far as this front "clip" goes), is to have it fiberglassed-on and the have a molding made from it so it could be bought as a single piece; producing yet another option for the front bumper cover. This is what I had planned for that particular BLITZ front end but transmission problems are preventing me from even thinkin about buyin the C-27 kit (NEED A REBUILD!). I have, however, had my RAZZI skirts installed and I've gotta say, they'd look awesome on a SHO. I have a SHO rear bumper that I'm waitin to have painted and put on, but again, the trasmission thing's in the way.

·
Registered
90 Posts
yall should be a little bit more apprecitive to the fact people are makin stuff for our cars in the first place.... who care's if it looks ricey?....theres some bad lookin rice burners everywhere, might get you some respect from them finally. What we need to do is encourge that company along with others to make kits for bulls and such. for my 93 thats only the 3rd piece i've found next to a stillen bumper cover or gettin one from a SHO....

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by TaurusRacerZ9@Jul 7 2004, 03:10 AM
yall should be a little bit more apprecitive to the fact people are makin stuff for our cars in the first place.... who care's if it looks ricey?....theres some bad lookin rice burners everywhere, might get you some respect from them finally. What we need to do is encourge that company along with others to make kits for bulls and such. for my 93 thats only the 3rd piece i've  found next to a stillen bumper cover or gettin one from a SHO....
You're right, we should be appreciative. Andy's has stepped up to the plate and delivered big time. Now we want more, however, if someone is selling something that is for our cars, we're obligated to discuss it's worth. In this case, it's a front clip that simply glues onto our front bumpers. It's more apt to break or fall off than a regular front bumper. It also will not work universally as it is touted to. The bumper cover is ugly and looks ricey as well. Our cars are way too sophisticated looking for crappy lines and huge air dams. It would just look stupid. If someone wants to get this for their car, that's their own deal. For the rest of us that like our cars to look like Sables and not Civics, we'll just wait until a better alternative presents itself!

BTW...the Stillen kit looks damn sexy on Gen IIs...I'd be more than happy to put that on a Gen II if I owned one. It's sporty, yet sophisticated.

JR

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The seller has had 40 negatives in the past 6 months. Now it also says "not a registered user"

Wish I could have seen the pics. <_<

·
Registered
176 Posts
on the bright side however... there is a better clearance on this so called kit that the andys kit.. I have the money or at least I can get the money to buy the andys kit however it's not smart since the roads in lubbock tx, suck so much that if I take the wrong street home from work.. the 700 doller kit just goes down the drain.. However though it would look very good on our cars in my opinion...

But I agree I'm happy that we are getting an aftermarket for our vehicles cause there are so many people with it.. The more aftermarket we can get the better, good or bad...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts