Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Looks like it goes where the coolant tank was? Seems like it is set up more like modified turbocharger to run off the belt or something. Where does that pipe go out to? If it loops around to the intake.. you turned your car into a HAI supercharger with 10 feet of air duct? :suicide:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks like it goes where the coolant tank was? Seems like it is set up more like modified turbocharger to run off the belt or something. Where does that pipe go out to? If it loops around to the intake.. you turned your car into a HAI supercharger with 10 feet of air duct? :suicide:
[/b]
thats what a supercharger is. where turbocharged is air driven a supercharger is belt driven

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
thats what a supercharger is. where turbocharged is air driven a supercharger is belt driven
[/b][/quote]

I know that. Just saying that every supercharger that I'm used to bolts directly onto the heads. I'm used to seeing turbos as a remote unit, not superchargers. Still wondering how long that pipe is to the intake.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i though it was just a bigger one of the cheap electric ones from ebay, but its bigger, and not much increase in psi only 7-10

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
7-10 psi of boost is more than most stock forced induction systems make...it would certainly make a very noticeable difference. Definitely not one of those worthless blower motor eBay ripoffs.

A late-model Duratec G4 running 7psi with no intercooler would make about 290 crank horsepower, according to a rough estimate from the calculator here: superchargersonline.com

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Have y'all never seen a centrifugal supercharger before? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
According to that, if i pump 20 PSI into the 'tec, with an 3 core intercooler and 108 octane fuel, I net 453HP :grin2: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
If a 'tec could handle that much boost, would the tranny even survive 1 WOT run?

Whats with that pseudo SHO intake manifold???

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
That's a 2.5 'tec. :)

453hp on a stock drivetrain? = exciting explosion accompanying the most spectacular disassembly of both Duratec and AX4N ever seen! :lol2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts