Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally got around to putting the Sable rims that i had on my white 97, onto the 2004. I like them so much better than the 04 rims. even if they are still scratched up from that evil Sears company. i did run into a problem though. on the 2004, the lugnuts aren't covered up under a center cap. on the Sable rims the center cap covers the lugnuts. so the lugnuts are too long and i can't put the center caps on the Sable rims now. i'll have to get some new lugnuts. but i'm thinking it doesn't look all that bad without them. only thing that i had to do was paint the front bolt thing black cause it was all rusty. i have some pics i took to show what it looks like without the caps. let me know if it looks stupid for now.

BEFORE PIC

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by detroit_raver@Aug 5 2004, 09:50 PM
Close up of front rim
I hope you dont plan on trying to take the wheel hub apart anytime soon. If you have air tools, it wont be as big a problem, but if you are using hand tools, good luck.

The paint will make it harder to do, cause its all in the threads. :(

You should never have to take it off, unless you are gonna do the drum to disc conversion.

-Damon

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Firespirit@Aug 5 2004, 10:56 PM
Hate to tell ya, Sarah, but the stock rims looked WAY better than the sable rims.
yeah i know most people will probably say that. i like the stock rims, but for some reason i like the Sable ones a lot better. i've always had a thing for the Sable rims for some reason. plus, i really can't stand driving around and having the same exact rims as all the millions of gen4's on the road. i can't afford to get new ones right now, and i wanted something different than what everyone else has... i'm just weird like that i guess. :D

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I think the wheels like fine...What do they look like with the center caps on?

The last thing you need to do is to black-out the headlights like in the '03 Centennial editions...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hey sarah, those G4 Rims up for sale??

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by HokieSES@Aug 5 2004, 11:36 PM

The last thing you need to do is to black-out the headlights like in the '03 Centennial editions...
look up some. there is a pic with the center cap on the rims when they were on my 97.

and yeah, the headlights are next on my to do list. ;)

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Originally posted by detroit_raver+Aug 5 2004, 11:18 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (detroit_raver @ Aug 5 2004, 11:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HokieSES@Aug 5 2004, 11:36 PM

look up some. there is a pic with the center cap on the rims when they were on my 97.

and yeah, the headlights are next on my to do list. ;) [/b][/quote]
yeah, i saw the photo higher up...just wondering what the wheels would look like with the center caps on, with the all black exterior...

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by MaltaTaurus69@Aug 6 2004, 12:06 AM
Hey sarah, those G4 Rims up for sale??
not sure yet. gotta talk to the hubbie. i asked him earlier, but he said it depends on how much i would get for them. it would be of course the rims and the tires though most likely.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by HokieSES+Aug 6 2004, 12:20 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HokieSES @ Aug 6 2004, 12:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2004, 11:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-HokieSES
@Aug 5 2004, 11:36 PM

and yeah, the headlights are next on my to do list. ;)
yeah, i saw the photo higher up...just wondering what the wheels would look like with the center caps on, with the all black exterior... [/b][/quote]
oh ok. nope i didn't get a pic with the caps on. they wouldn't fit on at all. i shoulda took one while holding it up to it though. didn't think about that.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts