Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally mounted the rims I bought off Jim a while back. Came out really nice and the handling is pretty awesome. We'll see how it is once they're broken in..... It's pretty awesome right now though.... I'm really excited about it, feels like I have a new car
What do you guys think? BTW the tires are Lemans HR A traction A temperature P225 55 R 16 with a speed rating of 130. The pics.....

There are more at my cardomain site....My Webpage
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
What rims are those? I'm not a fan of 16 inchers on bulls but those look really nice, man. Aren't 16 inchers best for handling anyway?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
Originally posted by Blue Vulcan@Apr 4 2004, 10:29 PM
What rims are those? I'm not a fan of 16 inchers on bulls but those look really nice, man. Aren't 16 inchers best for handling anyway?
Yes, in terms of handling/ride/durability compromise 16 inch wheels are the optimum size for a Taurus IMO.

How wide are your rims? If its 7", mind telling me what the offset is? I'm looking for something with that width
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by 93taurusSX+Apr 4 2004, 10:47 PM-->QUOTE (93taurusSX @ Apr 4 2004, 10:47 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Blue Vulcan
@Apr 4 2004, 10:29 PM
What rims are those? I'm not a fan of 16 inchers on bulls but those look really nice, man.  Aren't 16 inchers best for handling anyway?
Yes, in terms of handling/ride/durability compromise 16 inch wheels are the optimum size for a Taurus IMO.

How wide are your rims? If its 7", mind telling me what the offset is? I'm looking for something with that width
[/b]
I love these rims! It gives the car a pretty awesome look. The offset is +40mm and they are 16"x7". The handling is pretty awesome..... one more pic...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
First off. I am new and wanted to say hi to everyone. I have been a member for only a couple of days. And I must tell you that I love My Bull very much. Had it for 3 years and have needed no major servicing. (knock on wood)

Anyway, I too, would like to know what the rims are. And the dimensions. And does going from 15 to 16 inch rims and tires mean a recalibration or anything for the speedo. Or is the speed descrepancy minor?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
274 Posts
These are my old wheels. Sport Edition Fox 5 http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles...ia.php?id=96887.
Well i had 225/50/16 tires and it threw my speedo off 2%. That is for 100mph I would be off 2mph. You can get tires for the 16's that will be the same outside diameter as the 15's. You will just have less sidewall which is good for looks and performance.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,922 Posts
Originally posted by vulcanalley@Apr 5 2004, 12:44 PM
First off. I am new and wanted to say hi to everyone. I have been a member for only a couple of days. And I must tell you that I love My Bull very much. Had it for 3 years and have needed no major servicing. (knock on wood)

Anyway, I too, would like to know what the rims are. And the dimensions. And does going from 15 to 16 inch rims and tires mean a recalibration or anything for the speedo. Or is the speed descrepancy minor?
Hi! Welcome! If you get the right tires on the 16 inch rims, then it won't be off a lot.

Here's a tire size calculator. Punch in the currenct size, then put in the aftermarket tire size and it gives you a readout on the difference. http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
I made a spreadsheet so that I can plug in sizes and get sidewall height and diameter.

The formula is the same as any calulator. I put it on my PocketPC and Tungsten. It's very handy.

- - -

But those rims look great. I've got '02 SEL five-spokers, and am not all that crazy about them. I'm lookin' too.

Can you post a closer pic of the tires and rims?

Nice work!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
274 Posts
Originally posted by RAMdrd@Apr 7 2004, 04:15 PM
I made a spreadsheet so that I can plug in sizes and get sidewall height and diameter.

The formula is the same as any calulator.  I put it on my PocketPC and Tungsten. It's very handy.

- - -

But those rims look great.  I've got '02 SEL five-spokers, and am not all that crazy about them.  I'm lookin' too.

Can you post a closer pic of the tires and rims?

Nice work!
http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles...ia.php?id=96887

You can click on the link above for a close up of the wheel and tire. Or go through some of the pics I have on my super ford account and check out the rest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
486 Posts
The rims look awesome. Nice and very clean. How often do you polish those puppies?
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top