Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a long time waiting and main issues.. for now the retrofits are done.. have to repaint them a little and redo some stuff but for the most part they are on the car and working .. First off i have to apologize to jim...

now as for the lights i will not make another set.. they were a pain to do.. from wiring issues to mounting issues..

onto the pics

Ryan

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
these are one off retrofit projectors from an audi s4 with bi-xenon projectors... and an hid setup out of a lincoln navigator..

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
How does Lincoln Navigator HID bulbs fit into Audi projectors?

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they both use a d1s bulb system.. just so happened i had a wrecked navigator with no projectors but the hid setup at work... then bought those audi projectors..

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
That looks amazing! Very good job! Almost makes me wish I had a G4 and a lot of extra time on my hands. haha

·
Registered
164 Posts
They look amazing.... But am I the only person to feel like there should be 2 projectors in that housing??..
It seems like there's a lot of space around the projector itself...
Nonetheless, GREAT job!

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Bright, glorious WIN. :blink: :horns:

·
Registered
671 Posts
That's a perfect HID retrofit. I've been contemplating doing this myself, and have been brainstorming in the meantime. Do you have any other photos of the construction by chance, or larger resolution of what you have already posted?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I love the silver ring on them! It looks really nice with the silver car and the centennial headlights.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Dear Anyone else with, or who wants to build, projector retrofits,

Ryan wins. Take notes.

Sincerely,
FFVulcanPowah.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (michakaveli @ Jul 13 2009, 07:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739071
That's a perfect HID retrofit. I've been contemplating doing this myself, and have been brainstorming in the meantime. Do you have any other photos of the construction by chance, or larger resolution of what you have already posted?

Thanks![/b]

i will upload the pictures... of more build pics

here my post of the start of the build chanegd some things since those posts in the thread
http://taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?show...amp;hl=retrofit
http://taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?show...rofit&st=25

i have to take pics of the cut off lines and the high beams once i fine tune the aiming..

Now i have been thinking about changing the shrouds and back factory housing part to chrome and leaving the ring body color to make it look even more oem.. just for now since i didnt have $100 for the chrome 3 step chrome paint i blacked it out..
These are bi xenon with high and low beams in one projector.. and for the marker area i used vw passat b5.5 turn signal rings.. added an nice touch.. also and going to clean up the mounting area of the ignitors on the header panel.. also all the stock adjusters work with no issues. so its like factory and the bulb covers fit too..

stealth_taurus

its not possible to add two projectors in that housing.. due to the way the back reflector is made and the mounting point of the head light to the car.. also youd have to make a custom access panel to change the bulbs.. this is ur best bet if you do retrofits.. bi xenon single projector..

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
QUOTE (a23dranger @ Jul 12 2009, 02:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=738872
Well after a long time waiting and main issues.. for now the retrofits are done.. have to repaint them a little and redo some stuff but for the most part they are on the car and working .. First off i have to apologize to jim...

now as for the lights i will not make another set.. they were a pain to do.. from wiring issues to mounting issues..

onto the pics

Ryan
[/b]
They look like robot eyes!!!! Nice set of headlights.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
How did you make sure the aim is correct?

Mike
:dunno:

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
QUOTE (mwt @ Jul 13 2009, 06:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739198
How did you make sure the aim is correct?

Mike
:dunno:[/b]

for a base line i put the car in my shop at 30 feet away from the garage door. made a cross where the beam was for height and side to side.. measured from center beam to center beam and also bulb to bulb.. then once the retros where in without glass i measured and set them up around stock measurements and such. just gotta fine tune them for perfection.. didnt have the time when i finished these up to do it....

there is a whole how to thing on the retrofit source forum

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Dude.. that looks mega bad ass.. I LOVE IT!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts