Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got new tires. I got some Coopers, here is what I got:

http://www.deantires.com/us/en/ProductDeta...assenger&id=227

I paid $380 installed w/ 70k mile warranty, road hazard insurance, plus free rotation and balancing every 6k miles.
Got them yesterday afternoon, and I was out til late yesterday night and while I was at a friend's house it snowed over 5 inches in just less than 2 hours!
It was sub-zero temps so the salt they tried putting on the roads was not working and all the roads were in horrible condition. These tires did an absolutely breath-taking job of getting me right through the snow.
I only spun my tires a couple of times the entire way home it was when I was starting off from an intersection where there was some ice. The guy at the tire store promised me that these would be as good as the Continental ContiContactExtremes I insisted upon and so far I have to agree with him. This afternoon they had the roads completely cleared and dry b/c the sun was out and warmed things up a bit (to a whopping 25* <_< ) and was able to try some hard cornering on completely dry pavement and these tires made a night and day difference w/ handling. I would highly recommend these to anybody looking for tires.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nice looking tires! Now stay away from the curbs....

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
If you like your tires now, wait until the mould release compound wears off and the real rubber gets a chance to break in; then you'll see what your tires are really made off

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Bob Gervais@Jan 25 2004, 06:18 AM
Nice looking tires! Now stay away from the curbs....
Thanks! I have no plans for these tires to see any curbs!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 93taurusSX@Jan 25 2004, 03:08 PM
If you like your tires now, wait until the mould release compound wears off and the real rubber gets a chance to break in; then you'll see what your tires are really made off
I think I may have burned some of that off, b/c after a little burning out today, they seemed to stick to the road even better!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Last set of tires I got, which was last summer, was from

http://www.tirerack.com/

For my wife's Acura RL. Never would have thought I'd get tires SENT to me but it was easy and cheap. Easier than checking ads or driving to tire shops, etc....

Check it out..... They've got loads of reviews and you can read customers reviews of various brands. I ordered a set on Friday. Got them on Monday afternoon. Called a recommend installer here in Charlotte and they were on the next day.

Even if you buy from your local guy, they tire reviews and prices listed will be helpful.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the club! Thanks for the info! I actually did begin my search for tires at tirerack.com and as you stated, the reviews and everything are very helpful. I had my mind set on getting ContiExtremeContacts from Continental, but wound up not getting them b/c the guy at my local tire place got me sold on the Coopers that were actually cheaper, plus we were expecting 5-6 inches of snow that night, so I decided I wanted them that day and he promised me (with option of return) that I would love them. He was right.
Plus I got road hazard protection and free rotation/balancing every 6k miles til my 70k mile warranty runs out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts