Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, after a few months of patience, I finally found my Taurus. It's a 2003 SES Deluxe, with the 6-disc CD Changer, moonroof, heated/puddle lamps, and electric rear view mirror with compass. 128,000 miles. Nearly all the service records as well. (in the service manual, believe it or not). Built in Chicago in 11/02, just before they pulled all the goodies out in the '03 models.

I've gotta say, I'm impressed with the Duratec's power. It gets up and moves in a very quiet way.

Sorry for the iffy pics. It's bright out this morning, and I shouldn't have used my tablet's camera (no flash), but it's what I had.

The engine compartment has been either kept ridiculously clean, or they cleaned it before I got it.

Only things wrong with it is that the floor mats are gone, and the IAC was acting up. Because it's a Ford, I unplugged it, tapped it, reseated the plug, and it works fine now. I had to laugh, because when my parents bought the F-250 in 2007, the AC clutch would lock up at random times, and the final fix was to unplug it, shake some dirt out of the plug, and to reseat it. Haven't had any trouble since. So that's two Ford's in a row with a similar fix.

That, and who's bright idea was it to put the transmission dipstick in the worst place ever? :D

Drives great, I'm happy, and that's all I have! Better pictures in the future.

(note: the color is Spruce Green Metallic).

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,683 Posts
That is a nice looking car. Clean. A good package. And a good color!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice car, and a great find! Engine compartment is rather impressive. And I agree on the dipstick location, it was in a horrible spot in my duratec car, and just as bad on my Vulcan car...LOL How are the rear struts tho? In the pictures it looks like she is sagging a little in the rear

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats a really clean car for being almost 10 years old.
That's why I moved quick when this one turned up. Thankfully I'd done everything with the credit union ahead of time.

How are the rear struts tho? In the pictures it looks like she is sagging a little in the rear
I'll check them again, but they looked to be in good shape, and the car hasn't been misbehaving while driving.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is my color! It looks like I could get some spare parts as yours looks GREAT! Just kidding about that.. Congrats! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Could just be decieving by the pictures, but the pictures seem to make it look a little low in the rear. My last Taurus didn't really act funny when the rear struts broke, what made me notice it is how it sat when I looked at it

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
That, and who's bright idea was it to put the transmission dipstick in the worst place ever? :D
Just be happy that it has a tranny dipstick. Some car's don't! Lol

Clean, sharp car. I like that color. Throw some Gen 4.5 Tails on the back!

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Could just be decieving by the pictures, but the pictures seem to make it look a little low in the rear. My last Taurus didn't really act funny when the rear struts broke, what made me notice it is how it sat when I looked at it
They look to be relatively new, and the car doesn't wallow or anything. I'm planning on having it inspected when I get a chance, and I'll tell them to look at the struts.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I hope they weren't doing heavy duty towing with the hitch in the back.

Otherwise, looks like a really great condition car. How it's optioned, is how I would want it...cloth seats, sunroof, console, et all. Very nice find, congratulations!!!

·
Former Moderpony
1,215 Posts
I hope they weren't doing heavy duty towing with the hitch in the back.

Otherwise, looks like a really great condition car. How it's optioned, is how I would want it...cloth seats, sunroof, console, et all. Very nice find, congratulations!!!
Bah, it can handle it. I passed a gen three towing an effing pontoon boat once, that was quite a sight.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh, good times...

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,400 Posts
Its so stock!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts