Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took all of this week for my grandpa and I to finish painting everything and it was totally worth taking our time doing it right. It came out soooooo good!!! Very happy with the results. I know I posted a little while ago that I was using duplicolor wheel paint but opted to use engine enamel paint on the wheels and in my opinion from what I seen it turned out just as good if not better than using wheel paint. Check out the pics...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS on the good work, it looks beautyfull. How did you get that finish on the wheels?? Did you polish them first then put a thin paint finish on them ? They look so much different but the look good also.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well we made sure we cleaned em real good obviously, then sanded em using 400 grit sandpaper, and applied 2 coats because u dont want the paint to build up and it could flake off more easily. U cant tell by the pics but we also used caliper paint on the inside of the front wheels because there rough (you'll probably notice on your wheels that there are rings that go around the wheel on the inside) and the engine enamel paint wouldnt stick well to that surface and just run.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
looks fackin sweet bro, love the black finish hopefully you dont live in new england!

lightly nightshade your tails and that will really pop

and of course! try the centennial mod, everyone sizes it up because its super easy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do plan on doing the tailights and the centennial mod. Prob not till summer though for the centennial mod cause gotta wait till school's out so i have a little time. And if u looked at the pics u could c my license plate which says i live in the sunshine state haha lmao

·
Registered
8 Posts
Damn man, that looks real good. I was thinking about painting my rims but keeping a chrome lip around them. Kind of the part that goes around the rim starting at where the star stops. i think it would look awesome!!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Looks GREAT, especially the grille and wheels.

Definitely get some black housing lights, that will finish it off.

One more thing I think you should do, tint the tails a little. Not too dark, just to get rid of the bright red shade.

Get some VHT Nite Shades. Clean and sand the lights slightly. Spray on one thin coat at a time. 2-3 light coats should do it. If you go over that, they'll start to get darker and darker with each coat.

THEN, clearcoat the lights. Too many people forget this step. This not only seals on the tint so it won't flake, but it makes it look like a pro job, or that the lights are actually tinted in the plastic.

Amazon.com: VHT SP999 Nite-Shades Lens Cover Tint Translucent Black Paint Can - 10 oz.: Automotive

I'd go with a shade like this...you can still see red and should avoid problems with the police:

This is too dark in my opinion:

·
Registered
224 Posts

Here is mine with about 2 and a half light coats then I also clearcoated them as well.

I like what you did with the black on the lower part of the bumper Ive considered doing that also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts