Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see how many of us have Bulls from which plant. My 1998 SE is a Chicago Bull (err ... yeah) but my 1994 GL was an Atlanta built one.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Whats weird is that out of the 5 Tauri I have had, every one has been a Chicago bult Taurus except for my SHO. I wonder what the ratio of Chicago built to Atlanta built is. Or...which is more reliable, The Tauri from the Chicago plant, or the Tauri from the Atlanta plant?

-Kyle

·
Registered
369 Posts
How do you know where it was assembled?

·
Registered
48 Posts
My '99SE was built in Atlanta. My '01 Windstar was built by the fine neighbors to da North in Oakville, Ontario. The last letter before the numbers (the 11th digit) represents the assembly plant:

A Atlanta: Hapeville, Georgia
B Oakville: Oakville, Ontario
C Ontario Truck: Oakville, Ontario
D Ohio: Avon Lake, Ohio
E Kentucky Truck: Jefferson County, Kentucky
F Dearborn: Dearborn, Michigan
G Chicago: Chicago, Illinois
H Lorain: Lorain, Ohio
J IMMSA: Monterrey, Mexico
K Kansas City; Claycomo, Missouri
L Michigan Truck: Wayne, Michigan
M Cuautitlan: Cuautitlan, Mexico
N Norfolk: Norfolk, Virginia
P Twin Cities: St. Paul, Minnesota
R Hermosillo: Hermosillo, Mexico
T Edison: Edison, New Jersey
U Louisville: Louisville, Kentucky (Lt Truck)
W Wayne: Wayne, Michigan
X St. Thomas: Talbotville, Ontario
Y Wixom; Wixom, Michigan
Z St. Louis: Hazelwood, Missouri
0 Detroit Empowerment Zone: Detroit, Michigan
5 AAI: Flat Rock, Michigan

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Chicago here.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Atlanta here

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
My Taurus is "Built In Chicago With Pride". I guess they aren't aiming high! That might not be a thing you want to flaunt having yours built in the East Chicago Assembly Plant. I've seen how these cars get transported from the plant to the loading trucks, lets just say I raced them with the minivan. They had/have no problem treating them like the rental cars most of them become. I'm not saying that Atlanta Assembly Plant is any better, but I can prove that these cars are beaten on for the first few miles of their life. Also a few people that work their mention about how poorly they are assembled, and are crap. I'll try and find out more on why they think this. I've heard this from someone who works on the line, and others that have worked their years, along with someone im not sure their position but is referred to as The King, and when he retires, they also retire his job.

I'm not necessarily downing the plant but I'm just saying its not the best place you want you car built at, but im sure its better. if it wasn't the wheels would probably fall off!

Nick Saturday

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by Adam B.@Jan 8 2004, 08:45 PM
A proud owner of the great chicago paint

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Chicago!

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
chicago all the way, dont want that southern stuff

Attachments

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Originally posted by road_rascal@Jan 8 2004, 04:06 PM
My '01 Windstar was built by the fine neighbors to da North in Oakville, Ontario.
My 1992 Tempo was built in that same factory. Ford ended production of the Tempo late 1993 and the Windstar began production there in 1994 as a 1995 model.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts