Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if any of u car guru's that know how to use fiberglass could awnser a quesiton. where did you guys learn to use it? i wanna learn to build a fiberglass box but i dont konw where to turn? any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
746 Posts
fiberglass is one of those things that you learn best by experience. thats how i learned... but i had a little bit of advantage since i learned from friends too. there are lots of helpful resources on the internet, if you do a search you can find lots of good advice, ill look and post a few links later on too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Like hoss said just go get some glass and resin and start to play. Make sure you're in a very well ventelated area, good temperature (not freezing like here in Michigan), wear a respirator and use gloves. There are tons of tips and tricks on the internet. Just think of something you want to make out of glass and make it.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I learned it at school. While everyone else was sweating Latin 101, I was building these:

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Damn True....you can do that and you couldn't find the time to build yourself a Crazy Custom BODY KIT!

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by JERZY-STYLZ@Feb 25 2004, 04:04 PM
Damn True....you can do that and you couldn't find the time to build yourself a Crazy Custom BODY KIT! 
Not on this car, Nyron... :evil_grin:

The cars aren't for sale, and you wouldn't like what I charge for a one-off model... each of those was about 75 hours start-to-finish and the white car (the "Acura VSX") was closer to 100 after the acrylic chin scoop and vacuum-formed styrene wing.

Seriously though, I will be buying a 95 SHO in summer, or when I find the "right" one, and it will have a one-off kit. In fact, I *may* mold the rear bumper and sell a few of them.

That's it, cat's out of the bag. That was a secret until a second ago. Car is a definate, GFX are a definate, selling the GFX is a strong maybe.

Maybe market them through Anonda MotorSports?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True True True. Please I know this is way early but i will buy one i dont care what it looks like as long as it different than stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts