Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone would be willing to make a box to hold 2 12" subs in the space for the spare tire. from what i hear it has to be made of fiberglass and a bunch of other stuff that i dont know how to do. if anyone is willing to do this for $$$ or whatever please give me some info. by the way i have a 2000 se. thanks alot!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I would, but I'm still trying to do it on my car, only with a single 12".

·
Registered
746 Posts
where are you located buffhuff?? if you can wait until this summer and remind me then, i might be able to do it for you. i have a gen 4 so i can base it off mine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
What generation? When do you need it by?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its a 2000 se (gen 4). i really dont need it by any certain time. i was just wondering if anyone was interrested in doing it

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ah I would do it for you but i have a 2nd Gen and my rear end is smooshed right now. I have a 2nd gen SHO comming soon but that won't help you too much. It's very easy to do really.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yeah do it out of wood intead of fiberglass

·
Registered
746 Posts
if you can wait around until this summer i should be able to do it for you. it will hve a wood top to it, but the rest will be glass (to take full advantage of the whell well.

send me a PM sometime in late may or early june to remind me, i can model it off my 2003.

oh yeah, great poo, i learned it by helping other friends with kick pannels and all that. im still in the process of perfecting it all, but its fairly simple once you get the hang of it
, but its one of those things that is handy to know.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I hear ya. I would really like to learn how to do that so I can move on to the "next level," so to speak, of building audio systems. Maybe I'll pick up some how-to books.

·
Registered
746 Posts
hey great poo... arent you from the houston area of texas?? i thought i remembered you posting once that you were. i was just wondering because i will be out there next week. i dont know how much spare time i will have though. but if you are out there let me know, maybe we can try to meet each other or something.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Actually yes. I do live in Houston. When are you coming down? That would be PHAT to meet up, go chill, have a few drinks, talk audio.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
To: The Great Poo and Hoss, let me know if ya'll are gonna get together, maybe we could make a "mini-meet" out of it. It would be extra cool to actually meet someone from the club!! I live in the northwest part of town... 290/bingle area.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I work at Bingle and Kempwood! We are fixing to move to Hollister and W Little York. I know that area pretty well. Unfortunately, I don't drive a Taurus anymore. I had a 98' SE about a year ago but got rid of it after $6000+ of repairs (AC, Tranny, Power steering, etc.). That would be cool to get together though. I have never met anyone from the TCCA so me thinks it should be PHAT. Seems like 99.9999999% of the people here live in Rhode Island.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hollister and W Little York.[/b]
LOL... my actual name is hollis, and i always see people walking around with the hollister shirts... small world i guess.

anyways, ill send both of yall a PM. i dont know exaclty what my schedule will be while im in houston (visiting family), but i would love a break from the monotany and would like to meet some of the peeps from the orum. so ill get both of your contact info and ill see what i can do

·
Registered
746 Posts
Originally posted by rudedog@Dec 19 2003, 01:00 AM
kick as$, gonna meet som members!!!

we need a chili doin' the cabbage patch
lol...

you posted this before i could even send you the PM...

but i agree, chilis doing the cabbage patch would be the bomb

1 - 20 of 23 Posts