Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 with the FFV (flexible fuel vehicle) engine option. Does anyone else have this? If so, any problems with it so far? Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by PC_Marine@Mar 3 2004, 04:07 PM
I also have a 2000 FFV Taurus. No problems so far, and I'm enjoying the extra few HP over the base Vulcan
I didn't think there was any difference in horsies with the FFV.... Is there?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Originally posted by 00Taurus+Mar 3 2004, 04:12 PM-->QUOTE (00Taurus @ Mar 3 2004, 04:12 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-PC_Marine
@Mar 3 2004, 04:07 PM
I also have a 2000 FFV Taurus.  No problems so far, and I'm enjoying the extra few HP over the base Vulcan
[/b]
I think there's like a 2hp difference. I, too, have a 2000 FFV. My only problem, that was sort of engine related was that my cooling fans stopped working...replaced under extended warranty. Also, my gas gauge read incorrectly because the fuel level sensor failed...but those aren't really ENGINE problems. Two problems in 4 years. NOT BAD!!! I just read your sig! Check out what color my car is!

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I have an 2000 FFV Taurus too. I like it alot. No problems.

We have extra hp?? I have always seen that the ffv's have the same. I found one site (cars.com) that says the 2000 ffv's have 10 less hp.
But i like the idea of a few extra ponies, and the giant injectors for future mods down the road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have 2000 ffv with 60,000 miles on it. just bought 3 months for a great deal. my only problems are minor and might be due to the ffv. sometimes when i start the engine it starts to fire but flutters out and does not start. then i crank it again and it does not catch at all. i only crank it for a few seconds then it always fires on the third try. i asked another ffv owner about it and he had the same problem. it also has a brief loss of power when i turn a corner under acceleration. any ideas. i checked plugs and clean. scanned and no codes. ran 2 cans of sea foam fuel injector cleaner thru it. bought new pcv valve but could not put on in parking lot as need tools to get rubber hose elbow unstuck. did notice oil inside pcv valve. im wondering about fuel pressure as maybe my fuel pump is not up to spec.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by Taurussetypes@Mar 3 2004, 11:00 PM
I have an 2000 FFV Taurus too. I like it alot. No problems.

We have extra hp?? I have always seen that the ffv's have the same. I found one site (cars.com) that says the 2000 ffv's have 10 less hp.
But i like the idea of a few extra ponies, and the giant injectors for future mods down the road.
supporting the idea of extra pones... i have a ffv that produces 169 hp :cool: .... do u know that ...
....hers a pic of it... enjoy that

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by saurus+Mar 4 2004, 12:38 PM-->QUOTE (saurus @ Mar 4 2004, 12:38 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Taurussetypes
@Mar 3 2004, 11:00 PM
I have an 2000 FFV Taurus too.  I like it alot.  No problems. 

We have extra hp?? I have always seen that the ffv's have the same.  I found one site (cars.com) that says the 2000 ffv's have 10 less hp. 
supporting the idea of extra pones... i have a ffv that produces 169 hp :cool: .... do u know that ...
....hers a pic of it... enjoy that [/b]
169 ponies?? whered all that come from?? is that to the wheels or at the crank? I need to get mine on a dyno and check the hp on it.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
mine are the black plastic valve covers that look to be from a g3 vulcan. my dad had a 97 and the covers were the same as mine.

I guess it just depends on when the car was produced as to what strange options ford put on your car.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by taurus2000+Mar 3 2004, 04:27 PM-->QUOTE (taurus2000 @ Mar 3 2004, 04:27 PM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2004, 04:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-PC_Marine
@Mar 3 2004, 04:07 PM
I also have a 2000 FFV Taurus.  No problems so far, and I'm enjoying the extra few HP over the base Vulcan

I think there's like a 2hp difference. I, too, have a 2000 FFV. My only problem, that was sort of engine related was that my cooling fans stopped working...replaced under extended warranty. Also, my gas gauge read incorrectly because the fuel level sensor failed...but those aren't really ENGINE problems. Two problems in 4 years. NOT BAD!!! I just read your sig! Check out what color my car is!
[/b]
Wow!! Looks familiar!!! It's just like mine, except you have a spoiler and sunroof.... Just give me time!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts