Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Maybe on a wagon but on a normal taurus? Nah doesnt quite look right.

·
Registered
230 Posts
They were hideous back in the 50's, and still are today.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (michakaveli @ Jul 6 2009, 10:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=737564
QUOTE (don2775 @ Jun 28 2009, 05:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=735722
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ Jun 27 2009, 07:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=735669
You can't buy a premade one, but you can make your own.[/b]
Yeah...kind of like these.. :werd:

http://taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?show...c=65020&hl=
[/b][/quote]

For the love of GOD. (speechless)
[/b][/quote]
Just let the fad die.... :puke:

·
Registered
111 Posts
wow, you guys are great. instead of actually helping him with the question he asked, you all jumped all over him, and he hasnt made a post again. its his bull, if he wants fenderskirts, oh well. dont rag his ass about it.

well, i doubt he will be back. sure gave TCCA a good name there folks, even if it is only 1 person.

this is one hell of a community sometimes...

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Yes. It is his/her car to do as they wish. you are 100% correct in this. We will not augue that point.

But. you have to understand the mind set of the club. It is to prevent people from doing irrevocable change (see damage) to their vehicle.
Perhaps yes, those that replied could have been better(read:nicer) about how they reacted.
But the point need to be made that this accessory should not be persuaded. They will be extremely unhappy with the results and will probably drop the resale value of their vehicle. Yes, i will agree that is is THEIR car to do as they wish. Some people just need to be brought to their senses.

Iam quite sure that no one will apologize for the point they are trying to make. That some accessories are best left on the retail shelves. I too went through a chrome kick with my vehicle. I was going to install all chome parts from a continental, say a Chrome MFS, Chrome Column shift er and the such. I even thought of installing those chrome wheel well tips. http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg429/e...82/IMG_0007.jpg. (not the fender porting) They looked good on the Continental and Town car. Luckily my G/f slapped the good sense into me before I bought them. I also just saw one on the road the other day. Even I have to admit, It looks bad. No one, not even the manufacture of those things can admit they look good a Gen 3 or 4 Taurus. Perhaps you can getaway with it on the Gen 1 or 2.

Some things just are not meant for this car. To bad if feelings get hurt. Not to sound like a ****, but they will thank us if they happen to see it on another vehicle in real life. Pictures really can;t give you the whole picture.
Fender skirts may look good a 50's era vehicle. They don't now. We look out for each other. Some may not see it that way.

Rant Over. Let the Flaming Commence. :noes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fender skirt

I think we should always be consider of each persons wants and needs for the car that they have. If the person want fender skirt then that is his choice because it is his car and preference. I to am looking to put fender skirt on my 2000 ford taurus ses and that is a matter of preference. We all don't like the same thing but we should respect what another peson want. He are I might not like what you have but it is a matter of preference and I have learn to respect that .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts