Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 98SE w/91k on it. I just got back from a 1500 mile trip and it performed great, however when I first started the trip the transmission was behaving weirdly. I would have the cruise set and going along on level interstate and it would hesitate slightly and then go back, sort of like shifting in and out of OD, just not as pronounced. It did this for about 30 minutes off and on, but then was fine the rest of the trip. The tranny fluid was just changed this summer, any ideas or opinions? Should I have it checked out?

·
Registered
7 Posts
What you described has happend to me, I have a '98. I found that if the battery was disconected for
any reason, service or for maintenance, the computer had to re-learn how to oporate. This caused my car to shift radically, almost as if on the interstate, it did not want to go even 55! After a while it learned what it needed and acted fine. I would check to see if the voltage was low and the computer needed to reset.... or it could be a minor coputer mal-function. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Usually when the tranny is having problems up the OD light will start flashing. If this did not happen i would not worry too much about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts