Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't own a Taurus or a sable but my friend FatTortoise does, and I'm just wondering whats the fastest Taurus or Sable out there? Anyone in the low 10's or anything like that?

I'm into s-series trucks and SUV's and theres one 1992 Chevy S-10 that runs a low 9 in the 1/4..and thats a boxy vehicle.

Has anyone swapped in a large V8 into a taurus or sable? I'm not talking about a SHO engine..i mean a big v8...like a 5.7L or something around there. I think it would be bad a** to see a taurus with a 5.7L engine thats been converted to RWD running a 10, talk about a ultimate sleeper

J

·
0 Posts
That fastest one I know of would be ArkanSHO on here, IIRC he runs in the low to mid 12's w/ his supercharged V8 SHO.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
There are a couple guys running 12s with V6 SHOs as well..s/c of course. Then there's that dude Toolman with the turbo SHO that eating the LS1s.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
The only problem with an engine swap like that is that our cars are FWD. Swapping an engine like a big eight means a RWD conversion. I've seen it done on Mini's and CRX's, but they're basically drag cars. The amount of fabrication is insane, and they aren't daily drivers.

I think most people that start putting real money into Taurus/Sables are going for a more balanced, road-racing approach, where quarter times aren't such a huge priority, but knife-edge handling and mid-gear acceleration is.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, thats what i was thinking...I just thought it would be cool to see a big 8 in a taurus.

My blazer sucks at mid-range acceleration...low end is good and high end is good...but anything from around 50-65/70 sucks.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
i didn't notice before but how do you plan to close the hood? LOL

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
The fastest Taurus is one you shove off a cliff:

60 mph = 88 feet/sec