Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so i've torn out the power steering pump jacked up the car undid the bolts and managed to separate the spring couplings on my 93 sable. Problem is I can't get the damn compressor out :angry: I took all of the bolts out of the bracket that was holding up the power steering pump but it won't budge. Do I have to pull out the alternator to get it to move? Sucks having everything disconnected but can't get it out. Sorry for my first post being a question.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Why did you pull the power steering to to get the AC compressor out. I have never pulled one on a 93, but have worked on many and never touched the power steering. What engine do you have.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't think it was a good idea either but it's what haynes told me so I thought maybe there was away.

It's the 3.8l essex v6

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah but to no avail, I think that somehow the alternator bracket is holding in the power steering bracket, I couldn't find anything in the manual on removing it. I removed all the bolts, as far as I know, and it won't budge.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
*cough cough* bump *cough* Any one know anything about pulling out the power steering pump's bracket on the 3.8? I hate bumming rides to work and I can't start driving the honda till next month -_-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts