Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering upgrading to 11.6 rotors which requires bigger rims. I have 15 inch rims right now. They're in a decent shape except for a few scratches on lips, but I could polish those with a Dremel kit. I would probably sell them if I end up with around $200 in my pocket, after spending money on polishing accessories and shipping costs, which probably calls for $300 price for the whole set, shipped. Otherwise, there is really no point in doing this. Would this be a reasonable price from buyer's point of view?

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
What style rims?
Are any tires included?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I could include the tires if necessary, but my Hankook H725 tires are not in a great shape. They have plenty of rubber of them, rated for 60,000 miles with only 30,000 on them. I'd say the rubber could last safely for another 10,000 miles. However, they're over 5 year old and one has a visible crack in the sidewall from curb damage. The tire does not lose presure and I have driven thousands miles on it, but it still scares me when I look at it up close.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
i got mine on craigslist from a guy who was parting out a 99 se sport. I paid 75 for them and two had like new dunlop tires on them. the other two tires were junk. But 100 a set at a junkyard is a lucky find.. around here youd be lucky to get out for 160 for the set if there was no tires on the rims. alloys are 40-50 apiece at junkyards around here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.