Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Taurus Limited, added a custom 2 X 10" woofer box driven by an Alpine M500. I tapped into the 2 6X9 drivers on the rear deck and use the speaker level inputs on the Alpine amp. The subs sound great! However I just noticed that if I move the fader all the way to rear, there is almost no sound at all. If I turn the volume all the way I can barely hear any sound. If I set the front/rear fader to center, then all the speaker work. I don't quite know what to look for, or is this "normal" for these cars? I also installed a set of Focal 5x7's in the front doors and installed the focal tweeters in the pillars. Very nice improvement.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a 2018 Taurus Limited, added a custom 2 X 10" woofer box driven by an Alpine M500. I tapped into the 2 6X9 drivers on the rear deck and use the speaker level inputs on the Alpine amp. The subs sound great! However I just noticed that if I move the fader all the way to rear, there is almost no sound at all. If I turn the volume all the way I can barely hear any sound. If I set the front/rear fader to center, then all the speaker work. I don't quite know what to look for, or is this "normal" for these cars? I also installed a set of Focal 5x7's in the front doors and installed the focal tweeters in the pillars. Very nice improvement.
If you did not mess around with any of the programming with the sync system then do a master reset. If you use forscan and you changed some things in the sync system your issue is likely within the programming.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did use Forscan to disable the Sony processing. I will see if reverting to default fixes the issue. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
jaedenhudson14
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing