Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Factory decals (window & underhood)

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  NyteFire 
#1 ·
The weather in Northern VA was actually bearable over the weekend, which gave me the opportunity to take my cars to a car wash where they hand-wash your car. I went home, and continued cleaning the car, until it met my satisfaction.

While I was cleaning, I also replaced one of the factory applied windscreen decal in the lower passenger-side corner stating 'A (automaker name) Product'. It's just an $8 decal, but my car didn't seem whole without it.

I remember my dad's '89 SHO having a sticker in one of the rear quarter windows stating it had come from one of the Ford plants (Chicago, or the now defunct Atlanta plant).

I can't recall any other decals on the car, but I'm curious, when customizing, or restoring your cars, do you all go as far as replacing old, faded, worn, missing, and/or damaged decals?

What kind of details do you all pay attention to, when tending to your cars? How far will you go?

#3 ·

Short of having a contact at Chicago Assembly it'd be hard to replace the decal.

I also still have the original combined ABS/Personal Safety System decal on the passenger window, which I don't seem to have a pic of.

#4 ·
I like to keep things like that intact. Give the car character.

For those needing replacement decals, I think I remember one case on another forum where the owner got in touch with the Customer Relationship Center and was able to have them send him another. Worth a shot.

#5 ·
I got a brand-new copy of the 80's/90's style "Buckle Up" decals that Ford used on the early Gens for my '87 Sable. It came from an eBay vendor.

#6 ·
I took all of those off. Tint...

#7 ·
I have the "Buckle Up" Decals on all windows, and the "Child Safety Locks" Decals on the rears, all are in mint condition. However I don't have a Plant sticker, which I thought was weird.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.