Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather in Northern VA was actually bearable over the weekend, which gave me the opportunity to take my cars to a car wash where they hand-wash your car. I went home, and continued cleaning the car, until it met my satisfaction.

While I was cleaning, I also replaced one of the factory applied windscreen decal in the lower passenger-side corner stating 'A (automaker name) Product'. It's just an $8 decal, but my car didn't seem whole without it.

I remember my dad's '89 SHO having a sticker in one of the rear quarter windows stating it had come from one of the Ford plants (Chicago, or the now defunct Atlanta plant).

I can't recall any other decals on the car, but I'm curious, when customizing, or restoring your cars, do you all go as far as replacing old, faded, worn, missing, and/or damaged decals?

What kind of details do you all pay attention to, when tending to your cars? How far will you go?

·
Spend my 02¢ wisely...
2,337 Posts
All the Gen 1/2/3 SHOs were built in Atlanta. This is the sticker you recall. It's still on my '95 and '00 SES, though both are pretty faded. I'd like to replace the one on the SHO if I could find a new one.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts

Short of having a contact at Chicago Assembly it'd be hard to replace the decal.

I also still have the original combined ABS/Personal Safety System decal on the passenger window, which I don't seem to have a pic of.

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
I like to keep things like that intact. Give the car character.

For those needing replacement decals, I think I remember one case on another forum where the owner got in touch with the Customer Relationship Center and was able to have them send him another. Worth a shot.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
I got a brand-new copy of the 80's/90's style "Buckle Up" decals that Ford used on the early Gens for my '87 Sable. It came from an eBay vendor.

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
I took all of those off. Tint...

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
I have the "Buckle Up" Decals on all windows, and the "Child Safety Locks" Decals on the rears, all are in mint condition. However I don't have a Plant sticker, which I thought was weird.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
NyteFire
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing