Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys , can someone please tell me how i can tell or where to look to see if my 1999 ford taurus se has the factory installed keyless entry and alarm system or not ???? It has power locks but i bought it used and didnt come with keyless entry and would like to buy some remotes and have them programmed but im not sure if it has keyless entry ??? PLease help !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you follow this link, you can get your window sticker for your car for free from Ford. It's not an actual window sticker, it's an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper with all of your options, and the MSRP. If you go to the bottom of the page, you will see the words "Contact Ford". If you click on those words it will take you to a screen with some phone numbers. I called mine in for my 01 F250. I think you can do it on line there as well. They just want to make sure that you are the owner of the vehicle. It took me less then a week to get mine. Good luck.

https://secure.corporate.ford.com/f...-email/?contactMainTopic=VehicleServiceIssues

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i tried to cycle the ignition from lock to run 8 times and the locks did not cycle through , but i go t my window sticker from ford and it says it came with keyless entry , so am i doing something wrong ???

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is really strange, my vin has no noticeable signs of being tampered wtih and the options sheat i got from ford all matches my car with the exception of it saying it has keyless entry and when i looked under the dash next to the steerin shaft there is only a small black fuse box and no gray box with a connector or anything, tried to cycle ignition and nothing , so despite what my papers say , it looks like i have no keyless entry !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts